3 Minutes to Midnight is Scarecrow Studio ’s first adventure game announcement for Linux, Mac and Windows. With development led by Jan Serra. Also note this is a classic point-and-click adventure game, telling the story of Betty Anderson.
3 Minutes to Midnight is a comedy adventure with a sprawling story and colorful cast. Betty Anderson can’t remember who she is, but she also has bigger worries. Such as a doomsday plot threatening to wipe out the human race. So players join Betty to crack the conspiracy that starts with a bang and ends at 3 Minutes to Midnight.
3 Minutes to Midnight is under development for computers for Linux, Mac and Windows. Also consoles and mobile, with an anticipated release in 2019. We’ll have lots more to say as the launch draws closer.
Fresh from Gamescom, developer Scarecrow Studio has a lively new trailer. Which is actually quite good. All for their upcoming adventure in 3 Minutes to Midnight!
3 Minutes to Midnight adventure announcement Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
About 3 Minutes to Midnight
Somewhere in New Mexico, an explosion shatters the night. Plucky teenager Betty Anderson wakes with a jolt. Where is she? Who is she?
So whatever blew up in the desert seems to have wiped her memory clean. But as she’ll soon learn, Betty has a lot more to worry about than amnesia. Due to a town full of people who aren’t what they seem. Also corrupt mayor, a secret military base, the mafia, and a potbelly pig with a vendetta.
While is a little problem of a doomsday announcement plot. Which seems to be counting down to the extinction of the human race…and also…time’s running out.
Join Betty to crack the conspiracy that starts with a bang and ends at 3 Minutes to Midnight – if we’re lucky.
- Classic adventure gameplay. Inspired by LucasArts adventures like The Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam & Max Hit the Road, 3 Minutes to Midnight combines the point and click gameplay and absurdist humor of the “good old days” with high-def cartoon art, an intuitive interface, and a compelling mystery.
- Two playable characters. Play as both Betty Anderson and Mayor Eliza Barret to unravel a plot much deeper and darker than it seems at first glance.
- A small town of strangers and secrets. Each of 3 Minutes to Midnight’s 40+ characters has a detailed backstory with unexpected ties to each other and the world we live in. Scratch the surface to get just the info you need, or delve deeper to discover who these people truly are.
- Puzzles up the wazoo. Yeah, puzzles – remember those? Kick off your walking shoes and put on your thinking cap, because 3 Minutes to Midnight will keep your brain ticking all night long.
- A whole lot of localization. 3 Minutes to Midnight will be voiced in English, with subtitles planned in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Korean, Japanese, and Catalan. (Whew!)
Release on Steam
3 Minutes to Midnight point and click adventure is coming to Linux, Mac and Windows. Since there is no exact release date, expect the release sometime in 2019 via Steam.