9 Monkeys of Shaolin brawler is releasing this fall in Linux, Mac and Windows games. Also marking a true rebirth of the iconic brawler genre. Following in vein of old-school video games. So if you played such games as a kid. You’re going to really dig this hardcore brawler on Steam.
In 9 Monkeys of Shaolin you play a Chinese fisherman, Wei Cheng. You have to avenge the death of your friends and family. Since they are slaughtered in a pirate raid in your peaceful village. Playing as the games protagonist. Who is a tough nut to crack. Since he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks.
Therefore it is time to get your trusty battle staff ready. Explore a challenging adventure in Medieval China. While facing merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
So you will face action packed battles. Including user friendly controls. Plus an incredible atmosphere of great kung fu movies of the 70’s. Since this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice. At least for fans of really hardcore brawlers.
From the Linux side. This is a new multi-platform old-school beat ‘em up. Which is also powered by Unreal Engine 4. Check out the gameplay trailer below. The art, lighting and mechanics are looking really good. Since you can play singleplayer. Also co-op, shared split screen and online co-op.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin Gameplay Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
First console demo is already releasing at the Xbox Lobby Bar at GDC this week. Experiencing the intense top-down, close-quarters action game. Where you punch and hack your way through enemies. Using basics of ancient martial arts. Only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks!
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way in 9 Monkeys of Shaolin.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and much more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin will be releasing Fall 2019. Actually the official website shows Q3 2019. Since there is no release date or price details yet. The games coming to Linux, Mac and Windows. As well as Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. So make sure to Wishlist on Steam.