Indie #developer #YachtClubGames gave an extended look at Shovel Knight‘s upcoming “Plague of Shadows” expansion at #Gamescom this week. Revealing that the game’s unique campaign changes when players assume the role of the newly playable Plague Knight.
- See your favorite game from a new point of view! Play as the explosive trickster Plague Knight with new story and gameplay!
- Join Plague Knight on his quest to overthrow the Order of No Quarter! Become the ultimate alchemist… and maybe find some romance, too…
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows is a free expansion for Shovel Knight, a sweeping classic action adventure game that won over 70 Game of the Year Awards in 2014. Taking on the roll of Plague Knight, the villainous master of alchemy, in a quest all his own. Using his maniacal scientific mind, Plague Knight is seeking to concoct Serum Supernus, the Ultimate Potion.
However, to retrieve these ingredients, he must extract them from his former allies… the villainous knights of the Order of No Quarter! World class platforming, music, storytelling, and art all return in Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows; an explosive quest with a new play style, new story, new bosses, and more! Unlike the heroic Shovel Knight, the alchemist Plague Knight carries an arsenal of potions and flasks into battle, this enables a powerful range of attacks. Each potion has its own unique properties, so players mix-and-match the contents from each flask in order to craft new weaponry as situations demand.
- Explode onto the scene as Plague Knight! Use explosives, bomb jumps, and alchemy to blast your way through the game in a whole new way!
- Crafting Comes to Shovel Knight with the Alchemy System! Collect loot and use alchemy to craft equipment and power-ups
- Collect new recipes and reagents to become the master of disaster!
Remixed Game Content
- New objectives and enemies!
- Brand new areas and new paths through classic levels!
- New bosses!
- Is your science up to snuff? Take on Plague Knight specific challenges with new Feats!
- Prove your mettle in Challenge Mode. Take on speed run challenges, boss rematches, and other rule-benders… and expect some tricky puzzles too!
Plague of Shadows also introduces a Challenge Mode, which offers up a series of retooled level segments. Including stages for both Plague Knight and Shovel Knight, each will test the characters’ abilities with enemy encounters and further intense challenges.
Plague of Shadows will launch as a free update later this year for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions of Shovel Knight. While Linux, Mac, Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, will receive the patch at a later date (yet to be confirmed).