This deck-building roguelite RPG releases on Steam. A Long Way Down is due to remain in Early Access for 4 to 8 months. While already coming with a decent amount of gameplay. So you can expect to play around 2 to 3 hours. There are roughly 20-40 cards and 3 playable characters and a dozen monsters. And also comes with some nice replayability.
The game also is inspired by Darkest Dungeon, Slay the Spire and Hand of Fate. Gameplay takes place in a dark and tormented world. Where you have to put together a party. While using your cards to survive. Also, fight and build your way through a crazy dark maze of monsters.
The cards you choose will determine how you explore the dungeon. While defending yourself from every enemy. As you meet many fellow adventurers. You will upgrade your items and equipment, and certainly, collect rewards.
A Long Way Down – Early Access Trailer
Gameplay will certainly see more work. Which is coming with changes to the progression curve, ergonomy and balancing. But Seenapsis Studio is also looking to get more player feedback. While paying close attention to what you want to see improved.
- Build a crew to roam the darkness of the mastermind’s lair
- Dive in a journey where sin meets virtue on every crossroad
- Gather memories from your past in A Long Way Down. All to understand the heroes journey
- Upgrade epic weapons & armors to overcome bigger foes
- Adapt your play style & upgrade your skills to face various challenges
- Play the adventure again and try new morality choices
A Long Way Down RPG and deck-building now enters Early Access. Priced at $16.19 USD, including the 10% discount. With builds available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. With a regular price of $17.99 USD. Which is not likely to change for the full release.