Abandon Ship releases a native Linux and Mac build on Steam. Thanks to indie development studio Fireblade Software. Available now on Steam Early Access at regular price. But the games also discounted 20% on Humble Store.
Abandon Ship dev’s have announced the release for Linux and Mac. Fireblade Software is also a very small Indie team. So they don’t have access to a large selection of hardware/software for testing. Likewise, they appreciate all of the help from the community. Gaining more support and test results.
Linux players should be happier see a native release. The developers are focusing our testing on Unbuntu 18.04. But have reports from other distro users. Abandon Ship is running perfectly on the following:
- Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon
- Linux Mint native Steam
- Manjaro Linux KDE desktop, Steam Flatpak install
Abandon Ship is a very tactical title. Forcing you to juggle between your crew’s placement on the ship. Including firing and fixing damage. As a players can also upgrade your vessel. Ranging from long-ranged cannon combat. All the way to short ranged harpoon and boarding. You will have a variety of options. Thinking, Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.
Abandon Ship: Early Access Launch Trailer
- Tactical and Savage Combat Strategy. Each battle is hard-fought, always on the edge of defeat. Your only chance of beating the odds is to take every advantage you can. While using all the tools at your disposal.
- Ship Destruction is not the End. Life in the world of Abandon Ship can be brutal. Death is permanent. But the game doesn’t end if your vessel is destroyed. You are the Captain, and as long as the Captain is alive, there is always hope. By escaping to a Lifeboat, or even being stranded, alone in the water, there is still a chance to survive and fight your way back to the top.
- Explore a procedurally generated world from Tropics to Arctics. Engage in Abandon Ship quests. Deal with different events on your journey to save the world from a Doomsday Cult.
- A Personal Adventure. Customise and upgrade your Captain, Ship and Crew. Build yourself to be worthy of any foe, whether that be human or otherwise. But be prepared to make moment-to-moment life-or-death decisions for you and your crew.