Abandon Ship naval strategy games late summer Linux support to join Windows PC. Thanks to Fireblade Software. Since the game full launch is coming this fall on Steam. Which is also available via Humble Store.
Abandon Ship is a single-player Windows PC game. Which so far has some Mixed reviews on Steam. But the games also in Early Access and continues to improve. So we reached out to developer Fireblade Software. Who also just released the Spider Islands update on Steam. But what we have some surprising feedback.
“We’re using Unity, and yes, a Linux version is planned. We’re hoping for it to be completed some time late Summer. Certainly before we leave Early Access in the Autumn.”
So there you have it, late summer for Abandon Ship on Linux. Although the Unity 3D use is not surprising. It’s a pleasure to see native support being confirmed. Since the game already works well using Proton.
Abandon Ship: Early Access Launch Trailer (Windows PC, then Linux)
Abandon Ship gameplay will you command of a ship and her crew. While exploring a diverse, procedurally generated world. Then taking on quests and dealing with random adventure.
Since you will end up engaging other ships in combat. As you employ their best tactics. Either to out manoeuvre and out gun the enemy. The game also focuses on “Age of Sail” ships. All in a Fantasy setting. Framed in an Art Style inspired by classic Naval Oil Paintings.
The Spider Islands a Major Update:
- Tactical and Savage Combat. Each battle is hard fought, always on the edge of defeat. Your only chance of overcoming the odds is to employ every advantage you can. While utilising all the tools at your disposal.
- Ship Destruction is not the End. Life in the world of Abandon Ship can be brutal. Death is permanent. But the game doesn’t end if your vessel is destroyed. You are the Captain. And as long as the Captain is alive, there is always hope. By escaping to a Lifeboat or even being helpless and alone in the water. There is still a chance to survive. Kind of like a tycoon game. So you can fight your way back to the top.
- Explore a procedurally generated world from Tropics to Arctics. Engage in quests or deal with incidental events on your journey. Saving the world from a Doomsday Cult.
- A Personal Adventure in Abandon Ship. Customise and upgrade your Captain, Ship and Crew. Build yourself to be worthy of any foe. Whether that be human or otherwise. But be prepared to make moment-to-moment. And also life-or-death decisions for you and your crew.
- Take on adventures in a world that reacts to your actions. Quests may drastically change the environment. Make decisions that create friends or enemies. Which may later come back to help or hinder you.