Abyss Crew is a new co-op exploration roguelike on Kickstarter for Linux, Mac and Windows. Where gameplay takes place aboard a submarine, all set in a steampunk universe. And gameplay looks impressive. With a funding goal of only $3,152 USD and already 63% funded via Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign.
- Play as a crew. Take part in a deep and intricate co-op adventure with friends. Since have to assess every situation tactically. While communicating with one another and trust in your crewmates.
- An immersive roleplaying experience. So player are not just a crewmember, you are a crewmember. Which also means you have to break through life-or-death decisions.
- Fascinating alternate history universe. Explore the Abyss with steampunk technologies. Since you will have to use them wisely to survive the dangers hiding in the depths…
Abyss Crew – Official Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Abyss Crew is a “bridge simulator”. Hence a unique in which each player has a specific role to fill in the submarine. While the creation of these roles does encourage interactions between players. Similar to Deep Sixed with Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.
- The Pilot operates multiple engines, navigates hazards, takes evasive maneuvers, and helps the Gunner line up torpedo firing vectors. Visibility is limited and danger is everywhere, but listen carefully to your Sonar Operator and you’ll keep everyone in one piece!
- The Sonar Operator is the submarine’s eyes and ears in the treacherous darkness of the Abyss. Monitor the surrounding environment for threats, mark points of interest, set waypoints for the Pilot to pursue, and provide critical information to the Gunner.
- The Gunner uses a fearsome array of torpedoes, mines, and flechettes to defend the submarine from numerous undersea threats. He can also illuminate the surrounding area with flares, operate the sub’s drill and orichalcum extractor, and clear debris. Or launch harpoons at a stray kraken…
- The Engineer processes the valuable orichalcum crystals the crew has harvested. This extraordinary material can be used to repair damaged submarine compartments, install and upgrade various modules, or craft more powerful torpedoes.
Abyss Crew co-op roguelike Kickstarter:
So the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign runs from February 23d to March 18th 2018. The games coming to Linux, Mac and Windows in March 2019. Which has a funding goal of $3,152 USD, and it’s already 63% funded.
This a also means a special discount for backers at $12 US / $15 CAD / 10 EUR.