Developers 2Awesome Studio and publishers CRITICAL REFLEX announced the release date for Aeon Drive. Their upcoming action platformer game is due to release on September 30th, 2021. While offering up support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Even consoles, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
A cyberpunk themed platformer with a speedrunning twist. Since this is where Aeon Drive has players take on the role of Jackelyne. She is a space ranger desperate to get home. Armed with her power sword and teleportation dagger. Since Jackelyne must find all the Drive Cores to fix her ship. Then, save the city from impending doom.
Players can sprint and dash through many areas of the neon-infused city. All while using time and space bending abilities to get ahead.
Aeon Drive – Official Developer Walkthrough
- Teleport through lasers, spikes or saws, and crouch-dash at the last moment to run through 100 levels of Neo-Barcelona
- The unique time warping system saves players the frustration of repetition and keeps the challenge fresh
- Modern and retro looks come together in the game’s pixel-art style
- An advanced scoring system enables long term replayability
- Real-time difficulty adjustment – collect time-warping devices and use them strategically
The Aeon Drive release will feature two separate gameplay modes. So you can expect Story mode, can be played solo or in up to 4 player local online co-op. Competitive PvP can also be played with up to 4 players local and online.
To add a competitive edge, players can use Discord Integration and Global Leaderboards to engage with friends. As well as other players from all around the world. Use the streaming mode to show everyone who the real speedster of Neo Barcelona is!
The main character Aeon Drive is voiced by voice actress Kira Buckland. Best known for her roles as 2B in Nier: Automata. Also, Reimi Sugimoto in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable. As wwell as Trucy Wright in the Ace Attorney series. Topping that off with Hiyoko Saionji in the Danganronpa series.
Be sure to check out the Demo via Proton.