Aeon of Sands – The Trail now has Linux support in Steam games. Thanks to developer Two Bits Kid. Who also announced the news via Steam update recently. We now have native Linux support for the retro, post-apocalyptic RPG.
So as stated, Aeon of Sands – The Trail is a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG. Where you follow the blunders of a likeable slacker. While on a mission against evil. In a game with thousands of choices. Being suddenly thrown out of his cozy home. He also finds himself in a terrible, infinite desert. Which seem to want to eat him.
While you play the vain and clumsy Setrani. But in the post apocalyptic world of Aeon of Sands. Nothing is ever that easy. A single missing caravan will put plans in motion. While sealing the fate of our unlikely hero.
So now we have Steam supported Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. And also SteamOS which has been tested.
Other distributions have been successfully tested as well. Aeon of Sands – The Trail works on Manjaro Linux (Arch) 64bit. Also Fedora Workstation 64-bit and Linux Mint 64-bit. This info is also unofficial. And Two Bits Kid cannot provide any support.
Steam Play Proton
If the game does not run on your version of Linux. You can also use Steam Play or Proton. Then run the Windows version of the game that way. Since this Windows versions is also compatible with Proton.
Aeon of Sands – The Trail Release Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Extremely non-linear, replayable story with multiple endings
- A truly unique magic system where your mana rises when you cast spells
- Real-time combat in Aeon of Sands – The Trail
- 20 locations and more than 60 mazes and dungeons to explore
- More than 140 dialogues
- Completely hand-drawn 2.5D environment, 240 hand-drawn illustrations
- Up to 2 other characters can join your party during play
- Each character’s personality influences the outcome of the story, and opens up new paths
Aeon of Sands – The Trail is available on Steam. Priced at $19.99 USD | £16.99 | €18.99. Which of course supports Linux, SteamOS, Mac and Windows.