Space #strategy #simulation game Age of Space from developer #Tiddan, is now looking for votes on Steam Greenlight. Since the game is set to make a Windows PC debut, this Unity title will also be coming to Linux. While the concept of the game may seem similar to that of Avorion, minus the sandbox aspect. There are some unique player balancing changes to even out the gameplay. Plus this is a title designed to always keep the player thinking. Hence strategy gaming, which is not really news.
I’m not promising anything yet, as I don’t know if it will work yet but I intend to release on Mac OSX and Linux.
Expected release is December 2017 or early 2018. I’m not sure of it’s going to be EA or not. I’m not going to release before I feel that there is sufficient value to the game on either EA or as finished game.”
Age of Space gameplay allows player to us the ship editor to configure your setup. Since the cost of the ship is decided upon a combined cost of ship and all the modules. Therefore players are able to save as many ship configurations as you decide. However players will only want to bring three of these into battle. A concept similar to say Battlefleet: Gothic Armada, but no Linux support.
Check out the Greenlight trailer:
While I’m sure we can all agree, that was an uneventful trailer. But the truth is, the concept behind the game is as real as news gets. So learning more about Age of Space will make a difference.
Engaging in battle
So players start a new battle in either a singleplayer or multiplayer gaming mode. While on the battlefield players will encounter two motherships. Where these motherships will immediately start firing one another. The players task is the following:
- Setup mining priorities to best supply you with the minerals you need to buy your ships.
- Deploy fleets that aid your mothership in the destruction of the enemy mothership.
- Aid your fleet by giving them primary targets.
- Know when to push and know when to wait.
- Analyze your enemy. The only way to understand your enemies setup is from visual cues; weapon and module effects. Find a way to counter your enemy!
Players will have to constantly reevaluate their ships setup. So each ship, weapon and module price will adjust according to their usage across the full player base. Which means that if one of the weapon types or ship setup is more commonly used, the price will adapt. Hence actually auto-balancing the game, so players should always consider their ship configuration.
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: Put your skills to the ultimate test playing against other player online. Rank up on the leaderboard and chase the title as the best commander in the galaxy.
- OPTIONAL VR MODE: Experience real time strategy in VR. Watch your fleet from the front row as they devastate the enemy fleet while you act as their tactical commander.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR FLEET: Customize your fleet by arming your spacecraft with weapons and modules of your choice. Find the ultimate combination to get ahead of your opponent.
- MINING: Get the upper hand by mining the right minerals for building your army. Make sure you try to interrupt the enemy miners to get ahead.
- EASY TO LEARN: Easy to play – difficult to master. Learn new ways to beat the opponent by playing around with your fleet composition.
- AWESOME CINEMATIC MODE: Sit back and watch the battle in the built-in cinematic mode or view the battle from the tactical camera angle.
The real gaming news:
Age of Space is available now has an Alpha demo available. Keep in mind this is only available for Windows PC. However running the Unity game in Wine 1.9 in Linux should be straight forward via PlayOnLinux.
So Age of Space presents a different challenge in gaming. And the best news, Linux support will be available. For now it would be better to upvote the game on Greenlight, so