AI War 2 release date gets a new date for Linux, Mac and Windows. Arcen Games is eager to release on Early Access but that will not happen on October 18th via Steam or Humble Store. Plans are changing for the better.
New date for Early Access:
So instead of the original release date, Arcen Games are planning an earlier release. Therefore expect to see AI War 2 hit Early Access on Monday, October 15th. Also a bonus for fans of the original game to get their hands on it sooner.
AI War 2 is a grand strategy RTS hybrid. Where players face an overwhelming, inhuman enemy who has conquered the galaxy.
Since the enemy is making a single error: underestimating you. So players must steal as much technology as you can. Take enough territory to fortify your bases and launch your attacks.
Since every conquest you make turns the attention of the AI ever more in your direction. Choose those targets with care.
AI War 2: Early Access Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
AI War 2 is the epic sequel to 2009’s space strategy hit, AI War: Fleet Command. Critically acclaimed for its dastardly AI and totaling nearly 2 million units sold, with more than 650,000 base game sales and 1.15m expansion purchases made to date.
What’s New and What Are We Working On?
We still have a lot we want to add, and even more we want to polish, but the current version of AI War 2 is already vast:
- Many optional factions, each with their own goals and strategy, creating a living galaxy.
- Polished gameplay mechanics, representing everything learned from the original AI War: Fleet Command’s six expansions.
- Redesigned UI, currently going through iterations.
- Over 1700 lines of spoken dialogue from more than 25 actors, and more to come for the AI itself.
- 1.5 hours of new music added to the 4.5 hour score included from the original AI War: Fleet Command.
- A ton of map types, with a lot of sub-options to make them even more varied.
- Crazy moddability, with many levers available in easily-accessible XML.
- Multiplayer is temporarily disabled, but still being implemented.
- Multithreading for modern performance, and a codebase that will not summon an elder god.