AI War 2 grand strategy RTS gets a full release for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to Arcen Games continuing development. We now have a full release and a big discount on Humble Store, GOG and Steam. Which still has 93% Very Positive reviews.
Arcen Games are announcing the 1.0 release of AI War 2. Available for Linux, Mac, and and Windows PC platforms. This is also the epic sequel to 2009’s space strategy hit, AI War: Fleet Command. Critically acclaimed for its dastardly AI. With nearly 2 million units sold.
AI War 2 is a grand strategy RTS hybrid. While taking place in a galaxy that has already been conquered by rogue artificial intelligence.
The most devious and acclaimed artificial intelligence in strategy gaming returns. AI War 2 includes a host of mutual enemies. While you face off against a more advanced version of the original AI. Who once again captures the entire galaxy. Leaving you only a tiny planet to yourself. Therefore you must strike out and find a way to cleverly outwit it. All the new capturables, larger fleets, and hacking abilities are sure to help.
AI War 2 1.0 Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Immerse yourself in a far more complicated galactic struggle. Since AI War 2 involves the nanocaust, macrophages, dyson spheres, and more. Other factions each have their own goals, rules, and units. Plus entirely unique economies.
Likewise, you can mke the scenario complicated enough. So that it can become “World War XV in progress. You’re in a tiny farm in the middle of it and nobody likes you. But if you can just kill that one giant angry enemy leader. This will all be over.
If that sounds over the top – and frankly that bit is wearying. Even though some people seek it out in AI War 2. So take a break and maybe hack the all-consuming computer virus to be your ally. And also convince the star-sized alien hives to watch your back. That take on a suddenly less arrogant AI. If you’re really feeling spiteful. Then take yourself out of the equation. Turn on super fast forward, and watch them all fight like ants on a galactic scale.
- Many optional factions in AI War 2. Each with their own goals and strategies, create a living galaxy.
- A new Fleets system gives you even more ships than before, and allows you to customize your empire more than ever.
- A ton of map types, and with a lot of sub-options to make them even more varied.
- Outguard to hire, factions to ally with, and oodles of targets to capture or hack – with the AI or aliens.
- Warden, Hunter, and Praetorian Guard sub-fleets of the AI provide for new challenges (and sometimes opportunities) in how both you and the AI interact with each other.
- Crazy moddability in AI War 2. Including many levers available in easily-accessible XML.
What’s New Compared To The Original?
- More approachable gameplay, but with a rabbit hole that goes as deep as ever.
- More to do, in terms of moment to moment gameplay and choices. Including more to find in AI War 2. More to conquer or be conquered-by.
- Polished gameplay mechanics, representing everything learned from first game’s six expansions (plus three years of development on this sequel).
- Trimmed fat: repetitive boring tasks have been automated or streamlined, but more options than ever have been added for you to customize things when you want to. The goal is never to waste your time in AI War 2. But always have an array of interesting challenges for you to pursue at once.
- Redesigned UI that gives you a ton of information and power right when you need it.
- 1.5 hours of new music added to the 4.5 hour included score from the original game.
- Multithreading for modern performance. And a codebase that will not summon an elder god. AI War 2 is recoded from the ground up for modern rigs.
- Over 1900 lines of spoken dialogue from more than 25 actors.
AI War 2 grand strategy rts full release is available on Humble Store, GOG and Steam. Priced at $11.99 USD including a 40% discount until November 1st. Available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.