Aiko’s Choice game update and first gameplay trailer for Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun on Linux with Windows PC. According to details from developer Mimimi Games. Due to make its way onto Steam this December.
Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Mimimi Games revealed a first gameplay trailer for Aiko’s Choice. The long awaited standalone expansion for the acclaimed real-time tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. Aiko’s Choice will be released in December 2021, and once again send players to Edo Japan. Here they join the kunoichi adept Aiko and her companions in her quest to quiet the ghosts of her past.
As stated in the previous announcement for Aiko’s Choice, there will be a Linux build. Reaching to Mimimi Games via email, it looks like support is still in the cards.
We’re still planning to deliver a Linux version, but I don’t have any info regarding a release time for the build yet.
While this is good news, Aiko’s Choice may not get a day one release. Mimimi Games are still up in the air regarding support details. Rightly so, the new DLC expansion does not have an offial release date yet. But its certainly a pleasure to know that a Linux build is still in the works.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice | Gameplay Trailer
With Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice a copy of the main game is not required to play this standalone expansion. But is certainly recommended to experience the first missions of the main game. Doing so before diving into Aiko´s Choice.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice focuses on one of the main game’s protagonist: the kunoichi adept Aiko. She is a master of camouflage and distracts enemies disguised as a geisha. While Aiko was certain that she left her old life behind, her former sensei. Which is the cunning spymaster Lady Chiyo, now reappears from the shadows to challenge her. Together with her friends, a group of deadly assassins, she goes out to hunt down the ghosts of her past.
The expansion features three full-fledged main missions, set in brand new settings, and three shorter interlude missions.
Like in the main game, Aiko’s Choice will have you take control of a team of lethal specialists. While you move in the shadows, and sneak past dozens of enemies. Choose your approach wisely when infiltrating hidden forest camps or lively Edo-period towns. Set traps, poison, and distract your opponents. Maybe even avoid enemy contact altogether. Carefully plan your every move and come up with your own ingenious tactics. All due to vanquish enemies and complete each of the challenging missions to uncover Aiko´s past.
- Return to the beautiful world of Shadow Tactics set in Japan in the early Edo period.
- Rejoin your favorite characters for one final adventure set within the story of the main game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
- Experience a previously untold tale centered around the kunoichi adept in Aiko’s Choice. Who has to face a vicious enemy connected to her past.
- Explore three full-fledged main missions, located in brand-new environments, and three shorter interlude missions.
The Aiko’s Choice expansion includes all the features of the main game:
- Play a team of completely different characters with their own unique skill sets.
- Synchronize your team’s actions to strike down your enemies at once with the “Shadow Mode” feature.
- Choose between non-lethal or deadly stealth attacks in Aiko’s Choice.
- Find dozens of ways to take out or sneak past your opponents the way you want.
- Choose from three difficulty levels to match your skill.
Aiko’s Choice gameplay trailer offers a further look into Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. Due to make its way onto both Linux and Windows PC. So be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.