Akane is an Arena Arcade-Slash that launches today on Linux, Mac and Windows on Steam. Since the price is more than affordable, you will want to hone your skills. Where you task is to kill your enemies with only 1 hit. While the objective of the game is simple. Kill as many enemies as possible.
Since Akane not overly expensive and the release also includes a 25% discount on Steam. The gameplay is very playable on Linux, which is more of a twin stick style with skillset. I can say this because my rounds only lasted a couple of minutes. But if you think you can do better, I’d like to see it.
Akane violent arcade slash Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Five different types of enemies:
- Yakuza Guy: Yakuza pawn that appears all the time.
- Tank: This enemy is the only one who it’s not killed by one hit.
- Shooter: A Yakuza shooter with cybernetic enhancements that never miss his target.
- Charger: A ninja who abdicated his body to become a killing machine, his dash is deadly and his defence seems almost impenetrable.
- Boss: Katsuro is Akane’s Nemesis which evolves according to the number of times he is killed.
Missions to unlock equipment.
Five kinds of equipment to gear up with different guns
- Katanas with unique abilities.
- Cigarettes that change the aesthetics of Akane special abilities.
- Gadgets that grant small improvements in combat.
- Boots that change the dash and the way you move on the screen.
Akane Samurai Skills:
- Dragon Slash: Akane dashes forward killing every enemy in her path.
- Dragon Slayer: Akane kills all enemies on the screen.
One single Arena:
- Sprites with lights and shadows.
- Pedestrians and neon advertisements to give life to the scene.
So if you decide to undertake the Akane challenge. Due note, gameplay is simple enough, but things like how to parry attacks. That’s where the skill comes in. Usually you can use the right-click of your mouse and dodge out of the way. But there are times when a lone gunman will show up and it’s insta-kill.
Arcade slash launches on Steam:
So this probably one of the better releases. Akane arcade slash launches on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows. Priced at $2.99 USD with this includes a 25% discount off the $3.99 USD regular price.