Alders Blood is a turn based, tactical stealth game for Windows PC, but also looking at Linux support. Thanks to developer Shockwork Games. Who are getting ready a fall release on Steam. With a Kickstarter campaign releasing, August 6th.
Alders Blood comes with a dash of strategy. So that gamers can take on the role of one of the Hunters. Perfectly trained and highly skilled. You know, professional monster slayers.
We’re using Unity engine for Alders Blood. As for the Linux version, I’m not sure. We didn’t really thought about it yet, probably not at release, it might be possible later. We’ll definitely talk it over in the team.
I doubt we’ll find much time to to properly test it. And fix any potential bugs for the Linux version before release.
However, we’re very curious how many people might be interested in it.
This was part of the conversation about Alders Blood. Clearly this is not a day one release. But Unity is in the mix again. So good news there. Which is also a bonus for Proton support. Until that time, share some Tux Love. And Wishlist on Steam.
There is still more detail coming soon. But until that time, check out the trailer below.
Alders Blood – Announcement Trailer (Windows, then Linux)
The Hunters carefully plan their attacks. While sneaking in the shadows. Until they can feel the nasty breath of the monster. Then to then strike. Quick, quiet, and deadly. Hunters also overcome their enemies with the use of tactics. While using specialized gear and dark arts.
However in a Alders Blood one-on-one encounter. Even best experience and skill may not stand a chance. Since a Hunter may be facing a beast.
Hence why joining forces with other Hunters is in order. Valuing tactics higher than muscles. Since it is crucial for survival.
So be sure to monitor wind direction. Avoid being noticed and prepare deadly ambushes. Remember that hunting tools are as important as your weapons. So you should make use of the sophisticated tech. And also any dark artifacts you have at your disposal.
But most of all remember, your resources will be limited. And opportunities are rare. So don’t waste any of them.
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures. Since they are way stronger. You don’t stand a chance in a direct assault in Alders Blood
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear, or smell you from a distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early;
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you;
- A grim world plunged into half-darkness. In this world our god has finally turned his back on us, and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield: from summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming creatures into powerful avatars of his will;
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world of Alders Blood. Bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp. But be wary of enemy ambushes;
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and the Wild West.Immerse yourself in a world completely different from the one you know – a universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.
Alders Blood is coming to Windows PC and Nintendo Switch at the end 2019. Linux support for this turn based stealth is looking good. But there is still discussion about a day one launch. Keep a eye out for the Kickstarter campaign releasing on August 6th.
More information about the game, check out the official website, Facebook, Twitter, and Discord.