Among Ripples: Shallow Waters a live Demo for Linux, Mac, Windows PC and an incoming Kickstarter. Thanks to developer EatCreateSleep. Which not only has a Steam page. But is due to start crowdfunding soon. With a full release coming in 2021.
The developer is situated on the island of Gotland, Sweden. While residing in the middle of the Baltic Sea. Which is also one of the most polluted oceans in the world. The island itself is struggling with freshwater reserves. Both for humans and animals alike. Among Ripples: Shallow Waters is a game that asks tough questions. And in turn, lets the player explore the answers.
Among Ripples: Shallow Waters takes place in a near future. As humanity has banded together to combat climate change. And also other ecological disasters. In the game your team is part of the Freshwater Biome Restoration Division.
In Among Ripples: Shallow Waters you take care of the northern area of Sweden. While in future expansions and game saves, other parts of the world. We’re also working together with real ecologists. So you can create a simulation of something that could happen in real life. That is if we just tried. Giving the player a future we need. A future where we fix what we’ve caused. And as a result, a world where humans and animals can survive.
Among Ripples: Shallow Waters | Prototype Demo Trailer
There is also an Among Ripples: Shallow Waters included prototype demo. Which is available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Presenting how the finished game could look. You can access it through Steam badge below. Giving you a jump on the upcoming Kickstarter.
- Economy – Manage the budget on each level and in order to get more money you’ll apply for grants and loans.
- Ecosystem – Do your best to create an ecosystem that is self sustainable.
- Terrain – Manipulating terrain to create a better environment for the inhabitants of the lake.
- Water Quality – The quality of the water is important. The same in Among Ripples: Shallow Waters, it’s a delicate balance that you have to keep in mind.
- Species Behaviour – Each species will have their own behaviours that will make it interesting to observe. You’ll watch a dace masterfully escape the jaws of a perch or the pike waiting patiently in the reeds for their prey.
- Comfort and Survival – each species will have their own comfort requirements that decide if the living conditions are favourable for them or not. It will increase or decrease their survival chances.
- Flow Director – The flow director makes sure that the game is a challenge to you. It will increase or decrease the difficulty based on how you are doing.
- Traits – Each individual in the lake will have different traits such as tiny, big, fast, slow, shiny, dull etc. It will affect the fish life and give them different characteristics, it ties into the breeding that the player will be able to do to get more favourable traits for their lake inhabitants.
- Knowledge – As you start playing the game there are some information that is unknown to the player. This unknown knowledge will be unravelled as you play, and it can go faster or slower depending on how you want to play the game.
Among Ripples: Shallow Waters is due to release on Kickstarter, February 18th. While the Demo is available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. With a full release due in 2021.