Since developer Fair Weather Studios announced their new turn-based strategy game. Ancient Frontier will launch on September 21st, 2017 via Steam. While due support Linux, Mac and Windows. Since the games developed in Unity 3D.
There is no ETA on a Linux and Mac port. But it will be after launch where testing will begin at that point. So there will not be a day one release but will be coming in the near future.
There are no plans to enable Vulkan API support. The launch version should support Ubuntu. But as it currently stands, there will be no day one Vulkan support.
So Ancient Frontier is a sci-fi turn-based strategy. The games RPG elements set players off on a story-driven single player experience.
Ancient Frontier features two full story driven campaigns. While complete with full voice over, tactical turn-based combat, and RPG elements. Set in the same universe as Fair Weather’s previous title Bladestar. Since player set forth into galactic conflict. All based in the frontier far removed from the comforts of the core systems. Corporations actively war against each other. Raiders pillage and burn easy targets. While the Federation seeks to instill law and order in the midst of it all.
In Ancient Frontier, players will be able to build and command their own fleet of ships to take to the battlefield in tactical turn-based combat that features everything from ship specific abilities to unique story-driven objectives. After a successful battle, players can upgrade their ships by using resources to unlock new technology via the tech tree. In addition, ships will gain experience and become more powerful as they level up. Be cautious, however. A ship lost in battle is forever gone to the endless vacuum of space. All set to release on Windows, then Linux and Mac.
Ancient Frontier Teaser:
Ancient Frontier Features:
- Two fully-fledged campaigns with fully voiced dialogue.
- Dynamic initiative based turn based combat.
- RPG elements including experience progression for ships.
- Permadeath – once a ship is gone, it’s gone.
- Fleet management – choose which ships to take into battle.
- Over 35 unique ships to command.
- Customize your playstyle by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree.
- Two major factions and three sub-factions.
- Large, detailed space maps to fight across.
- Resource management – scavenge for resources and spend them to upgrade and obtain new ships and upgrades.
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control.
So players will have access to over 35 unique ships to build their fleet. And two fully-fledged story-driven campaigns to play through. Featuring the games main quests and optional side missions. Since Ancient Frontier is set to launch on Steam on September 21st, 2017 for Windows. Yet the confirm Linux and Mac will follow. Since that release date is not yet specified.