Angelic strategy RPG still has support plans for Linux gaming with Windows PC. Thanks to developer Metaverse Game Studios who now has an official Steam page available.
The official trailer of Angelic briefly introduces the setting of the game. Including the conflict in the distant future and between mega corporations of Earth and neo-humans. The advanced and synthetic race living in space.
The Metaverse team also opened the Steam page for the game. Also releasing new details with it. So we reached out to developer Metaverse Game Studios to get a further understanding of Linux support plans.
PC comes first, that is what we know for sure. Linux is also still in our plans. One of the main focuses of our team is porting Angelic as many platforms as possible. Therefore consoles and Linux still in our future plans.
While this is good news, the developers also outline an upcoming Kickstarter. This will of course impact the fate of the project. However, Metaverse points out, “we definitely want to launch a Linux game.” Which is certainly good news. Especially since Unreal Engine 4 is the reason development includes support plans for Linux gaming.
Angelic – Official Trailer
Angelic is a narrative turn based strategy RPG, taking place in a dark, science fiction universe. In Angelic, you can gather up spectacular heroes, gain their love and respect. Then upgrade and customize them. Immerse yourself into deep lore and an epic story. Take on the unforgettable journeys with multi-layered unique characters. Command your one of a kind spaceship and explore an unforgiving universe. Fight with your team to protect your allies, harass the interests of suppressive corporations, and investigate horrific infestation phenomena.
- Half of your time will be roughly spent on battles. Where you lead your team for hit and run missions based on Angelic‘s novel turn based combat mechanics.
- You will also command a one of a kind spaceship, which is also a home for you and your allies. You spend the other half of your time in your ship. There you will be able to talk with your companions, customize and upgrade them. Additionally, you can make researches to upgrade your gear or ship. Or maybe learn the secrets of your enemies.
- Universe of Angelic is quite a dark and unforgiving place. You may need to forge alliances with dark characters. Or might have to make some painful decisions from time to time. Your decisions might not make all your friends happy. So you will need to be extra careful to keep them motivated and loyal.
- Your companions are all unique and colorful characters. Make no mistake, they are NOT your soldiers. Most of them are actually far more powerful than you. Each one of them have different motivations and goals. They might like you, hate you, or fall in love with you. Even if they love you, they may still leave you. Even if they hate you, they may still remain with you. Things are quite complicated in Angelic and your job will not be easy as their leader to keep them in line. They have all unique abilities and powers. So it is best to convince them to stay with you; otherwise, combat can become much more difficult for you.
As a Hero and Ship Command
- Osiris, the ship you command, is a very special ghost ship. This is due to the engineering by Iset the Mother, a goddess and a legendary character. Its functions are beyond your comprehension, but you will be able to unlock its features and even customize it along the way!
- And finally YOU, main hero of the game. You are also very special. You were a human pilot once until you are killed by an archangel (a powerful neo-human). Thankfully you were saved by Iset the Mother. Now you are a neo-human, but not just a regular one. You are a prototype, and only Iset knows your true potential. It will be up to you how you are going to evolve. But one thing is for sure, you will become the next archangel!
The Metaverse team is due to bring Angelic strategy RPG to Kickstarter. No date has been announced just yet. Plus the release details right now highlight Windows PC first, then Linux gaming support and consoles. So be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.