Antihero turn-based strategy game and Linux?
For those who do not know #Antihero is a fast turn-based strategy with an (Oliver) Twist. Hence the turn-based strategy release is due for #Windows and Mac on July 10th. Yet the Linux release is somewhat off to the side. At least for now, since developer Tim Conkling is busy supporting the aforementioned platforms for the #games upcoming release.
So we did reach out directly via Twitter:
Unfortunately not at release – the framework we're using to develop the game doesn't have Linux support. Possibly later though?
— Antihero (@AntiheroGame) July 7, 2017
Since the response is similar to that issued back in May on Steam. Clearly the Twitter reply is not a No. So we could likely see Linux support later. Therefore it is our advice to show more Tux love via the Steam discussion link above. Both Windows and Mac ports are great, but only Linux really matter.
Gameplay is about recruiting street urchins, hiring thugs and starting a gang. So players will have to upgrade their guild, steal everything… and bribe, blackmail, and assassinate your way to victory. Since this also includes a story-driven campaign. Along with AI skirmishes and intense online and offline PvP.
Therefore independent video game publisher Versus Evil, in partnership with independent developer Tim Conkling. Have now released the games launch trailer for strategic digital board game Antihero today.
Watch Antihero launch trailer here:
- ONE GOAL. MANY FOES. Play through the story-driven campaign, skirmish against the AI, and jump online in casual and ranked PvP multiplayer.
- CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS. Invite friends to play asynchronously or increase the pressure in a Live Match. Set up custom “House Rules” and tailor the game to your tastes!
- TAKE OVER THE CITY. PROTECT WHAT’S YOURS. Infiltrate businesses, sneak into estates, set traps, and steal everything. The city’s riches are yours – if your opponent doesn’t take them first.
- SNEAKERY, STABBERY & SKULLDUGGERY! Upgrade your guild, recruit street urchins, hire thugs, start a gang… and bribe, blackmail and assassinate the opposition. There are many paths to the top.
- MANAGE A HEALTHY ECONOMY. Spend your ill-gotten riches to hire new recruits, upgrade your thieving skills, and acquire deadly weapons. Gold is a thief’s best friend!
- RISE TO THE TOP. See how you rank among all Master Thieves in the in-game leaderboards.
While in development by independent designer Tim Conkling. Antihero is a single- and multiplayer strategic digital board game. Yet complete set in a gas-lit Victorian underworld. So players use stealth, cunning, and the occasional assassination to build the most powerful thieves’ guild in the city. The Winner of the Whippering Indie cup in 2015 and Finalist in the Google Play Indie Festival in 2016. Antihero has been in development for 4 years. The game was also a 2016 Indie Plus finalist and received an honorable mention for ‘excellence in design’ at the Independent Games Festival in 2016.