Indie developer AurumDust released Ash of Gods: Redemption via Kickstarter in May. So now their turn-based role-playing strategy game is successfully hit their goal on Kickstarter. Since the #games release will be coming to Linux, Mac and #Windows. So we are keen to share the news.
#AshofGods is a mix between a roguelike role-playing visual novel. While also an online turn-based strategy game. Taking heavily inspiration from The Banner Saga series. As well as Japanese visual novel games and the spirit of The Darkest Dungeon. Which is expected to deliver a unique game to Linux, Mac and Windows later this year.
Ash of Gods Features:
- An emphasis on roguelike storytelling. The dialogue choices you make, journey paths you take and battles you fight. Since each truly affect the story and the world around you. The team’s resources and time are limited—you must choose who should live. And who must die in order to continue along your path. If you rush forward mindlessly, you will gradually lose your characters. Including the major ones. But even the death of the party’s leader will not lead to “game over”!
- PVP and PVE multiplayer modes. While living through the story and top the global ratings. With your characters in the multiplayer mode. Unlock new characters and cards. So upgrade them to build your own unique strategy and tactics. While creating your own clans. Join forces with friends and participate in battles together.
- Smart AI that constantly learns exactly how to defeat you. Since the AI automatically adapts to your style of playing. You’ll never be able to invent “imba” tactics or find that “invincible” team build.
- Live music. The music of this project is the result of collaboration. Hence these wonderful game composers: Adam Skorupa, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz. And even Michał Cielecki (who wrote the music for such projects as Bullet Storm, Painkiller, The Witcher, EVE Online, Call of Juarez and Shadow Warrior ).
Graphics and Story:
- Scrupulously hand-drawn graphics. The visual style of Ash of Gods has been inspired by the work of Ralph Bakshi. Hence the old-school Disney cartoons and the Soviet animation studio “Soyuzmultfilm” of the 60’s. Character animation in combat scenes are based on live actors’ motion capture.
- Story created by author Sergey Malitsky, is a contemporary Russian fantasy author of Polish descent. Best known for his fantasy series Arban Saesh, The Code of Semideath. Along with Nothing Personal, Stones of Mitutu, Shelter of the Cursed and others. Sergey has been the recipient of the “Sword without a Name” and “Golden Caduceus” awards. We hope that our game will mark the beginning of the translation. And publication of his books into English.
- A new approach to tactical strategies. A mix of turn-based strategy and card RPG. Where the cards determine your strategy and the characters’ classes determine your tactics on the battlefield.
So Ash of Gods: Redemption launch on Kickstarter on May, 23th. While now backed by more than 1470 people. There are still less than 2 days until the end of the games campaign. Therefore, now is the time to get your pledge in. While the Ash of Gods: Redemption release is scheduled for the end of 2017 for Linux, Mac and Windows.