Ashes of the Singularity has a new support update for the games release on Steam for Linux. Stardock issues more good news for the highly anticipated real time strategy game.
Set in a future where humanity expands into the stars, now in conflict for control of key planets in the galaxy. While players wage planetary warfare on a massive scale to conquer opponents and control worlds. Ashes of the Singularity has players command vast forces as they fight for control over the prized resource, Turinium. With that fight also coming to Linux, eventually.
New Linux support update:
So back in August of 2017, we issued news about Ashes of the Singularity receiving Vulkan support. Since this will help to port the game to Linux. But it appears we only have a milestone here, over a year later. But as the statement explains. There is “still have a long, long way to go” before we see a native release.
The good news, for now, Proton is an option with varying results. Depending on your version of Linux and system specifications.
Ashes of the Singularity includes a story driven campaign called the Ascendancy Wars. Also a variety of single player scenarios, dozens of maps for skirmishes and the first multicore RTS game AI. As well as co-op and competitive multiplayer modes.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Gameplay Trailer (Windows, then Linux)
- Massive numbers of units in the world that can be easily organized into armies, allowing players to fight wars across several different fronts simultaneously.
- The world’s first multicore real time AI allowing for a non-cheating AI that can beat most players.
- A story driven campaign that tells the story of a post singularity Earth and its expansion into the stars.
- Also strong modding support so players can create and share their own takes on gameplay.
- Ranked and custom multiplayer modes with an active multiplayer community.
Ashes of the Singularity is coming to Linux. But in the mean time, if you want to brave the game via Proton or Lutris, check out Steam for the 60% discount. Since the games coming to Linux, this might be the best time to buy or Wishlist.