Stardock released a huge update and a free Co-Op Map Pack DLC . Since it’s available now for massive-scale RTS game, Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation. So games Steam weekend sale accompanies today’s release. And the games other DLC are on sale for up to 50% off.
“2.4 is a major update for the game,” said Stardock CEO Brad Wardell. “Nearly every aspect has been improved from the UI. A balance to modding capabilities. As a thank you to our multiplayer community. We’re also releasing a free DLC that includes maps that are specifically meant to play co-op with your friends.”
Ashes of the Singularity: Vulkan update:
Right now, our focus is on continuing to enhance the overall game experience so that the game’s popularity continues to increase.
The Vulkan version also paves the way for a future Linux version. Getting Vulkan is a big step in making Ashes of the Singularity available on more platforms.
So v2.4 also features UI changes, campaign and scenario updates on Steam. Improvements to the overall gameplay experience, and further compatibility for Linux.
Ashes of the Singularity v2.4 Features:
- UI: A full menu reworking makes the game more accessible with new orbital ability icons, improved chat displays, and more.
- Campaign and Scenarios: Several scenarios and all three campaigns have an update. Refining difficulty levels, adjusting to the changes of previous updates, and improve the user experience.
- Modding: Modders have access to more parts of the game and will benefit from several changes that make modding more intuitive.
- Balance: Changes to air units, anti-air, drones, and dreadnoughts will improve strategic diversity. The Substrate receives some additional changes in order to differentiate themselves from the PHC.
- Vulkan Support: This graphics-rendering API offers enhanced OS compatibility and performance.
- Updated Benchmark: The benchmark has an update. So that players can see how well their PC runs under Vulkan.
Support for Vulkan, a graphics rendering API that improves OS compatibility and performance. Since this is also part of v2.4. Ashes of the Singularity was one of the first DirectX 12 games. So this update for Ashes of the Singularity, continues to bring cutting edge technology. Therefore players can benefit by the support for Vulkan.
“We are very excited to see the industry adopting modern APIs such as Vulkan,” said Ritche Corpus, Senior Director and Head of Content at AMD. “These APIs are delivering amazing visual quality and increased performance through better utilization of hardware.”
What about the free Co-Op Map Pack?
The free Co-Op Map Pack DLC also releases now. Hence this DLC includes 9 brand new maps deliberately for cooperative play. So spawn points now keep teammates close together. Allowing for combination of attacks and strategies. Clearly outlining resources for each player prevents any fighting over spawn locations. Or expansion opportunities and keep the maps fair and balanced for everyone.
The Co-Op Map Pack DLC is completely free and is available now on Steam or through Stardock. To read the full changelog and see some more details, visit the forums. The games also available on GOG and Humble Store, but it’s not on sale.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation retails for $39.99 USD. For more information on the game, please visit ashesgame.com. Hopefully we will have that Linux release soon.