ASYLUM supernatural horror adventure game due to release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Senscape. Which already has a Steam and GOG page. And the game is due to have a day one release.
ASYLUM comes from the creators of cult sleeper hit Scratches. And also the haunting Serena. Now coming with a chilling journey into the darkest depths of your mind. Since gameplay is a detailed horror adventure. Which certainly puts you into the deceptive setting of the Hanwell Mental Institute. With its unrelenting horrors that take place between its endless corridors.
So if that doesn’t get your attention. We reached out for details on the release date. As well as ASYLUM itself.
- We’re using Unreal Engine 4.
- Yes, we’re planning to support Linux on launch date.
- Expected date is still hard to confirm, but hopefully late this year.
Unreal Engine 4 is a bit of a surprise. Since ASYLUM gameplay is more of a point and click style. I was half expecting Unity but from the trailer below, gameplay looks very smooth. Plus we have a day one release, also a bonus. And I was hoping for a summer release. However, it seems that we can expect to see the release “late this year”. Although you will be pleased to know, the game is “working great on Linux.”
ASYLUM Gameplay Reel
ASYLUM takes inspiration from Lovecraft to Peter Cushing to Lucio Fulci. Created with a strong focus on storytelling and atmosphere. Since you will explore countless dark environments. While finding your way throughout a towering, lifelike mental hospital. And work to solve a surreal mystery that will haunt you for years to come.
What you can expect
- A mind bending original storyline. Which Senscape somehow managed to keep secret during 10 years of production.
- An atmosphere so engrossing you will almost smell the stench of decay around you.
- Exciting ASYLUM challenges rewarding your wit and observation. No pixel hunting or boring math puzzles.
- Memorable soundtrack inspired by vintage horror productions. And quite a bit of John Carpenter.
- No jump scares! OK, maybe just a frightening couple. These will hit you when you least expect it.
- Relentless pacing leading to a shocking and disturbing conclusion. You simply won’t believe what’s coming!
Senscape have been pouring their heart and soul into development. Working to create a deep and rewarding adventure. If you love the kind of slow burning horror with an old school sensibility. ASYLUM will be an unforgettable experience.
ASYLUM supernatural horror adventure is due to release later this year. But you can Wishlist the game on Steam and GOG.