Jon Shafer’s At the Gates indie strategy announces the release date for Linux, Mac and Windows. All thanks to BAFTA award-winning designer Jon Shafer of Conifer Games. Releasing the game on Steam and also on the official AtG website, January 23rd, 2019 via Steam.
While players take on the roll of a Dark Age lord. Your destiny is to build a kingdom in the shadow of the crumbling Roman Empire. Since this means you will be exploring the dangerous landscape around and harvesting its resources. Using this to also build a mighty economic and military machine.
Your clans have their own personalities and desires, so carefully consider how you use them.
“I’ve always been driven to innovate with my games and At the Gates is no exception”, Shafer said. “The genre has gotten a bit stale but it still has enormous potential, and that’s what I’m aiming to tap into by mixing roguelike elements into the classic 4X grand strategy formula.”
Jon Shafer’s At the Gates strategy Official Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Features of Jon Shafer’s At the Gates:
- An Evolving Map – Seasons and weather dramatically transform the landscape around you. So the river that served as a barrier in the summer might become a highway for your enemies!
- Manage Clan Personalities – Each of your clans has unique traits and desires. Therefore choose what you do with them carefully.
- Roguelike Elements – Resources run out, so you need to always be on the lookout for more. Your neighbors can be immensely strong. Since this may require you tip-toeing around. It won’t be easy, or even fair.
- Watercolor Art Style – A beautiful watercolor landscape serves as a canvas for your clever economic and military strategies.
- Tooltips-in-Tooltips! – AtG features a revolutionary user interface which utilizes “tooltips-in-tooltips” for the very first time, making it vastly easier to learn the game without sacrificing any complexity.
Jon Shafer’s At the Gates will be available on Linux, Mac and Windows. The release is coming to Steam on January 23rd, 2019. So Wishlist the game now on the Steam Store page.