ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game that is ready to release version 1.0 for Linux, Mac and Windows this week. Available in a Steam news update this weekend, announcing version 1.0 is coming on December 19th.
ATOM RPG takes inspiration from classic CRPG’s like Fallout, Wasteland, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur’s Gate and many others. Originally set to release in five or six months of being in Early Access. But alas, it’s not over a year and we can welcome version 1.0 of ATOM RPG. With Steam reviews that are now at a solid Overwhelmingly Positive.
Here’s the full Steam update for Version 1.0:
It’s time to make a very important announcement! After a year of work spent in Early Access we can finally name the release date for ATOM RPG! It’s going to be the 19th of December, 2018, when we’ll finish polishing the game mechanics, testing of new content, error fixing, and will finalize the main questline of the game.
The fact that we’re releasing the game, though, does not mean that we’re stopping development. ATOM is still going to receive a lot of free additional content way after the release date.
Atom RPG – Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Now, a quick summary of the things you’ll be getting in 1.0:
- We have an additional third global map to finish the game’s main storyline. It’s a place called the “Dead city” – a forgotten, mutant-ridden metropolis that was destroyed by nuclear warheads. After this place was finished, we loved it so much, we’re currently planning on expanding it in future updates! Hope you’ll enjoy it too!
- We added new NPC’s and quests.
- An ability to roam the Wastes in a car of your own!
- All new dungeons including an experimental-AI-run secret Bunker.
- New traits available on character creation.
- Plus new cinematic that will show off how you impacted the Wasteland.
And last, but not least… As we the developers, and you, the players, already know, this game we dreamt of creating for all those years, would never be possible without your trust. This is why we decided to add a bonus “veteran’s kit” for all who bought and played ATOM while it was still Early Access. Thank you for believing in us.
While it is a pleasure to see ATOM RPG hitting version 1.0 with a full release date. The games gone through solid content updates. Working into a deliciously polished game. Available on Steam for $14.99 USD on Linux, Mac and Windows.