Aura of worlds is a creative tactics roguelite platformer for Windows, but coming to Linux and Mac. Since the games coming to Steam on April 24th and we are sharing news.
So gameplay has a strong focus on exploration and improvisation. And you can also manipulate the environment to your advantage. You progress through utilizing your wits, reflexes and a plethora of innovative abilities. Which we are already used to in gaming, of course.
While the games only available on Windows thus. WINE can be used to play the currently Windows build, which is available via Itch for $9 USD. This includes a Steam key with the 10% discount.
Developer Cognitive Forge aims to keep creativity high. Using Steam as means to get more community involvement. Also helping shape gameplay based on player feedback. Since the game engine is a custom creation. Once the dev’s are closer to completion, we will see a Linux and Mac port.
Aura of Worlds Trailer (Windows, then later for Linux and Mac)
- Over 60 unique enemies and traps and 8+ randomized level themes. Such include tidal corridors filled with mines, rising lava, caverns lined with toxic and carnvirous plants…
- A plethora of creative abilities ranging from parkhour to cloaking to warping time itself!
- Every object has multiple uses E.g. you can grab that lantern from the ceiling, and carry it around to use as a portable light source or improvised flaming molotov…
- Hand crafted pixel art and animations by Jessica Turner and Lachlan Cartland
- Custom sound/music by Mat Dwyer and Amanda J. Lim
- Each situation is intended to be challenging but solvable with planning and agility. For example there is a laser force field trap in front of you. Do you throw an enemy into it? Blow up the conduit with a grenade? Blink through it? Cloak yourself to pass through undetected?
- There are a multitude of mechanics such as cones of visions for enemies, turret hacking, grab and throw almost everything, mouse aiming, 2d spherical lighting and terraforming.
Steam Early Access:
Since the Steam release for the roguelite platformer is coming on April 24th. Again, this is on Windows only at release. As Linux and Mac ports will be coming later. Something similar to Dead Cells development and Book of Demons.