AWAY: The Survival Series adventure games is still hinting at support for Linux after Windows PC. Thanks to details from developer Breaking Walls. Due to make its way onto Steam next month.
Breaking Walls is proud to announce that its nature documentary inspired story adventure. The game is about the life of a sugar glider. AWAY: The Survival Series is due to launch digitally on September 28th for Windows PC. However, reaching out to Breaking Walls, it looks like they are still interested in Linux.
Linux support won’t be available at launch but it is still a possibility we are looking into after launch.
When previously asked about Linux support for AWAY: The Survival Series in October 2020:
We are considering a potential Linux port as well (our lead developer is a big Linux proponent)….
Developer Breaking Walls had roughly the same answer. Especially since Unreal Engine 4 is being used for development. It’s a pleasure to see we are very likely to have a post release Linux port. Since the lead developer is a big Linux supporter after all. Plus there is no developer feedback in the Discussion post.
AWAY: The Survival Series lets you star in your own personal nature documentary. All while you glide through the forest, sneak past predators, and hunt down your prey. The story narrator describes your every move. All taking place in a distant future where nature has reclaimed the planet. AWAY: The Survival Series is a stunning story driven survival adventure. So it’s up to you to embody a tiny sugar glider embarking on a quest to save your family. Soar across misty chasms, leap from tree to tree, and climb to the top of the forest canopy. All as you journey across the posthuman wilderness!
- Single player, story driven adventure – 5-10 hours of gameplay
- Play as a sugar glider on a journey to save its family – Follow the main story, or embark on various side quests. All while you uncover the mysteries of AWAY: The Survival Series‘s abandoned world.
- Narrated like a nature documentary
- Enjoy the enchanting orchestral soundtrack by award winning composer Mike Raznick, who worked on BBC’s Life and Planet Earth II
- Run, jump, climb, and glide through a living breathing world. All full of unique species of plants, insects, and animals.
- Hunt small prey, fight larger enemies in AWAY: The Survival Series. You can use stealth and agility to sneak past apex predators unnoticed.
- Play as other creatures in the wild, such as beetles, lizards, crabs, and more!
AWAY: The Survival Series story adventure is due to release on September 28th. Due to make its way on Windows PC first, and likely on Linux after the initial release. So be sure to Wishlist the unique game on Steam.