Developer small bros are announcing the release date of their upcoming metroidvania action platformer game B.I.O.T.A.. Along with a new gameplay trailer which debuted during the MIX 10th Anniversary Online Showcase.
On top of that we also received an email from small bros regarding Linux support.
I’m aiming to release for Linux as well, but not day one.
B.I.O.T.A. is developed in construct 2. However, there are “some issues with the engine”. This also requires some extra testing and trials. So we will have to wait on the Linux build, but it’s coming. And with the release of the Steam Deck, so a native port is far better than Proton.
The new video gives a taste of 54 unique 4-color palettes that gamers can unlock in B.I.O.T.A. and swap at any time during their play to customize their retro experience.
B.I.O.T.A. – Pick Your Retro – Gameplay Trailer
B.I.O.T.A. is a 2D metroidvania takes place in a mining colony infected by an alien plague. It features 8 playable characters, a story campaign, arcade levels, and additional game modes. B.I.O.T.A. mixes the charm of retro games with the modern day convenience. Including full controller support, saving anywhere, and more.
B.I.O.T.A. mixes the charm of retro games. including two-pixel breathing animations. While lettings you save anywhere, customizing the visuals at any time, and a soundtrack. Which is so chippy that you’ll want to record a cassette mixtape and listen to it on your Walkman.
- 54 unique 4-color palettes to swap
- 8 playable characters to unlock and upgrade
- Story campaign with two endings in B.I.O.T.A.
- Arcade levels where you control a submarine, destroy enemies in a powerful mech and chase starships in outer space
- Additional time trials and target shooting game modes
- Retro fun with modern-day convenience
- Energizing chiptune-synthwave soundtrack