Bacon Man: An Adventure launches on Steam for $19.99 USD for Windows. While the Linux, Mac and Xbox One versions will follow later. So we reached out to Skymap Games for Linux release details.
Linux support update:
“We have a friend helping us with the port. So we can work on as many platforms as possible. We will not forget Linux. Hang tight — no release date yet but should be some news soon.”
So Linux support is inbound. However, this update is to showcase the release. And we still do not have an launch date for Linux yet. But there “some news soon” is a good sign.
This hardcore platformer will challenge you to the biggest food fight you’ve ever encountered. Play as Bacon Man and fry enemies with his classic Toaster Gun, or try out Feta and cut them up like sashimi. Seek wisdom from the Sau-sage. Pummel enemies to a pulp in the Colocheeseum. Use the power of friendship to tackle all 25 levels in couch co-op mode, with or without friendly fire.
Bacon Man – Steam Launch Trailer
Neal Laurenza, Managing Director at Skymap Games pinpoints what their team loves about fan experiences: “Bacon Man is a brutal game. When we see players yelling in joy from getting a checkpoint, that makes it for us.”
After five years of development the Skymap Games crew are eager to launch their first home cooked game into the wild. As a studio-for-hire, Skymap Games are used to helping other devs bring their titles to life, such as ZED (by Chuck Carter of MYST fame) and recent psychological thriller Perception (Bill Gardner of BioShock Infinite).
Since we have taken a dip into some gameplay. Yes, Bacon Man is also quite a hardcore platformer.
The studio have also teamed up with musical talents Braxton Burks (Pokemon Reorchestrated) and Kyle Landry (Youtube & Twitch sensation) for the project, creating a 40 song orchestral soundtrack for the game.
“Braxton and Kyle are two unbelievably talented musicians. At any time we could feed them concept art, and they would run with it and create these massive sprawling orchestral pieces,” explains Laurenza.
Bacon Man Features:
- Tougher than nails platforming—in air, or on foot—using the patented “Bacon Control System™”.
- 2 Player couch co-op. Play as 4 unique characters, each with their own playstyle.
- Collect experience, level up, and gain incredible new abilities through the power of tutorials!
- Versatile fighting moves like the Sky Divider, Dash, Stinger, Ground Pound… Each doubling as a method of mobility!
- Impossible boss battles with enemies based on various food groups.
- Full orchestral soundtrack by the talented Braxton Burks (Pokemon Reorchestrated) and Kyle Landry (Youtube & Twitch sensation).
- Unlock classy costumes for a sassy new look.
- Subtitles available in French, German, Greek, Spanish and Russian
Bacon Man launches on Steam:
While Bacon Man: An Adventure launches on Steam for Windows, priced at $19.99 USD. Also, I have yet to try a Wine install. So we will have to wait for Linux support. Hopefully we will have a bigger update soon.