Barotrauma latest game update 1.1, Treacherous Tides is worth playing on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Which is the result of the work and effort of developers FakeFish and Undertow Games. Available on both Steam and Humble Store with 91% Very Positive reviews.
Barotrauma, created by developers Undertow Games and FakeFish, has just rolled out its Treacherous Tides Update. Let’s break it down.
Players navigate a massive submarine in the deep, mysterious waters of Europa, a moon orbiting Jupiter. This is not just about steering the submarine but also surviving various challenges and threats with your team. There’s a twist, though. While working together is essential, there can be a traitor among you trying to sabotage the mission. It’s an experience that mixes elements of survival, mystery, and strategy on Linux.
The latest Barotrauma changes in Treacherous Tides focus heavily on this ‘traitor’ aspect. Previously, if someone was chosen as a traitor, they had a specific set of 7 events or tasks they might need to finish. But now, that number has skyrocketed to 27 different events. This means more uncertainty and excitement. Some of these tasks even need more than one traitor to work together. Due to secretly teaming up with another player and using special code words to communicate without being caught!
Barotrauma – Treacherous Tides Update
These do not just add more tasks. It offers tools to help (or hinder) your missions:
- Radio Jammer: Need a private chat without others listening? This gadget is your go-to.
- Deepdiver Ducks: Sometimes, you just need a distraction. Why not throw a duck?
- Timed Explosives: In Treacherous Tides, these are not just for creating chaos but also to make things urgent and intense in Barotrauma.
- Husk Caller: Without giving away too much, let’s just say this tool can bring about some…unexpected guests.
But being a traitor isn’t a walk in the park. If your team suspects you and they’re right, someone else might take over your traitor role in the next round. However, if you’re crafty enough, there are rewards, like experience points or even in-game currency.
How Does It Work?
The person hosting the session can now adjust two settings related to traitors:
- Danger Level: This sets how risky and challenging the traitor’s tasks can be. So, if you’re new or just want a relaxed session, you can lower it. But if you’re looking for some high stakes, turn it up!
- Traitor Probability: Simply put, this decides how often a traitor might appear in a session. It can be as low as never or as high as always.
Barotrauma with the new Treacherous Tides Update is about enhancing the traitor experience. More events, more tools, and more settings to adjust how you want your session to go. The excitement of figuring out who the traitor is, or if you’re the traitor, trying to outsmart everyone else, just got better.
If you’re interested in diving deeper, there’s more information available on Steam, priced at $24.49 USD / £20.99 / 24,49€ with the 30% discount. Regular price on Humble Store. Along with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.