So we emailed developer Airship Syndicate about Battle Chasers: Nightwar in March 2016. Since the #RPG is inspired by the classic console #games, we do know it is created in Unity 3D. Yet to our surprise, THQ Nordic were still going through changes. So no official replay or confirmation for Linux support was issued. Since this is otherwise a Windows game. Even our recent contact with THQ Nordic staff proved vastly incorrect.
Battle Chasers: Nightwar – Trailer:
Battle Chasers: Nightwar features deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat. Presented in a classic JRPG format. And a rich story driven by the games exploration within the world.
- Classic turn-based combat inspired by the console RPG greats. With a unique overcharge mana system and incredible Battle Bursts.
- Beautiful, randomly-generated dungeons. All loaded with traps, puzzles, secrets and loot.
- Explore an overworld peppered with hidden dungeons. Including rare bosses and randomly appearing friends and foes.
- Action oriented, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles and secrets. Use each hero’s unique dungeon skills to survive
- Build your adventuring party by choosing three of six available heroes. All hailing from the classic Battle Chasers comic series. Each with unique abilities, perks, items and dungeon skills
- Dive into the deep crafting system, using the unique ingredient-overloading system to create epic items!
The best-selling comic book Battle Chasers was first released in the late 90’s. So it quickly generated a passionate cult following.
So it looks like we can confirm Battle Chasers: Nightwar for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence more details about the games release can be found on the Steam store page and GOG. Yet we will have more details coming about the release soon. Since we know that the launch date is October 3rd, 2017.