Battle Chef Brigade features fantasy chefs. Also including Orcs, Elves and Humans. All of which need to hunt the games dangerous monsters for ingredients. Not only that, but the Steam listing only shows Windows. Yet according to developer Trinket Studios, there is a Linux and Ubuntu release?
“Yep, Linux is included here on Steam but we don’t advertise it on the store page because we haven’t done extensive testing on that many distributions.”
Battle Chef Brigade is revered for their ability to skillfully take down monsters. Also transforming those kills into delicious cuisine. But chefs from across Victusia must vie for their spot in a high stakes competition. So the game follows two contestants, Mina and Thrash. And their journeys through the tournament.
So in order to become a Brigadier you’ll need to hunt monsters. While using those combo-based attacks and prepare your freshly caught ingredients. Complete with a puzzle-based cooking challenge. All to serve up winning dishes to the judges. While the games round clock ticks down. All before the critical eye of the judges.
So Battle Chef Brigade pairs one part combo-based action hunting. And one part puzzle-based cooking. All as the round clock ticks down. Easy right?
Battle Chef Brigade Official Launch Trailer:
Battle Chef Brigade Features:
- Hand drawn 2D animated characters and monsters.
- Three playable chefs with their own short campaign which delves into each character’s personality and cooking.
- A chef’s pairing of equal parts old-school brawler, match-three puzzler, served with a side of light RPG progression.
- Daily challenge leaderboards where Battle Chefs can boast about their day’s best culinary creations.
- Deadly and delicious monsters. Subdue them in the arena!
Battle Chef Brigade is available now on both Steam and Humble Store priced at $19.99 USD. Yet the Humble edition only shows a Windows Drm-free copy plus a Steam key. Where as GOG only has a Windows release.