BattleCON battle card game coming to Linux, Mac and Windows coming on August 31st via Steam. Thanks to developer Level 99 Games, this is a deeply strategic, with a vast array of duelists.
So these spell-slinging duelists ranges from tag-teaming werewolves, time-traveling boxers, dimensional knights, and then some. And I should also mention, this will be a Free to Play game. Something that usually raises a brow here and there. But the gameplay alone definitely catches some good attention.
Since the title first came to light as a tabletop game in 2012. BattleCON has a worldwide following for top-notch character design, beautiful presentation, and crunchy conflict-driven gameplay.
Therefore, as a player, you can put your skills to the test with friends and rivals. Both locally and from around the world. Since this is an official online adaptation of this tabletop classic with cross-platform gameplay.
BattleCON Online battle card game Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
So each fighter brings their own unique sub-system to combat. Also coming with their own complete kit–no deck building or collecting necessary. As with any fighting game, the fighters have fixed skill sets. Knowing and mastering the interactions between your abilities and your opponents.
Weave together the elements, transform your fighter, set traps, mutate your cards—the possibilities are endless!
- A faithful implementation of the board gaming classic, now with special effects, voice acting, new art, and more!
- 19 Playable Fighters, with new fighters released monthly, plus online-exclusive fighters Seven and Riflam!
- Real-time online multi-player games with opponents from around the world. Play cross-platform with users on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android (mobile platforms coming soon).
- Find opponents with automatic matchmaking, or challenge rivals directly from your in-game friends list.
- Capable AI opponents who draw their strategies from real player data.
- Interactive tutorial mode teaches the basics as you play.
- Meticulously balanced and regularly updated.
One of the features that gets my attention. You can build Strategic attacks by combining styles and bases to adjust to the situation. So your character’s style can fuse with basic attacks to create a huge variety of moves. Since each fighter possesses a Unique Ability which gives them access to all-new strategic options. Such as bending time, using teleportation, summon minions, change forms, and more.
Team up against bosses, call in assists, battle in tag teams and also fight in specialized arenas.
Coming to Steam:
BattleCON Online is coming to Steam via Linux, Mac and Windows on August 31st. The games also going to be Free to Play. But I’m eager to see just what this battle card game is all about.