Beholder 2 adventure strategy developer releases a Linux confirmation. Back in July Warm Lamp Games and Alawar Premium officially released their closed beta demo of Beholder 2 Windows. Which also works on Linux via Proton.
“Beholder 2 will have Linux port at the very release!”
So the previous statement in the thread confirms “Windows PC first”. At that point there was no confirmation for Linux support. While messaging media sources and PR staff over the last couple of months. We do know that a Linux release is coming, but no formal confirmation until the recent Steam post. There is also a suggested release for November. But again, Alawar do not have formal launch details yet.
That being said, the Beholder 2 Beta is a Windows release. Plus I can confirm the games development is using Unity 3D. AND this is very playable via Proton using Steam Play.
Therefore, IF there is no Linux release at launch, Proton is a workaround. But I sincerely hope Alawar and developer Warm Lamp Games issue a native Linux build at launch.
The ‘Beholder 2 CBT’was sent out to original Beholder game owners first via steam. Beholder 2 is set to release on Steam 2H of 2018.
Also, set to release in 3D this time, and takes place in the same grim and hopeless dystopian Beholder universe. Where privacy is dead and a totalitarian State controls every aspect of life ruled by the same “Wise Leader.” The game will feature an expansive world filled with new scenes, rooms, floors inside the actual Ministry.
Beholder 2 adventure strategy Gameplay Trailer (Windows, Linux)
With its strong Orwellian theme, the first original Beholder game has the attention of multiple publications and gaming communities. Also getting a feature on Metacritic’s 100 Most Talked About Games of 2016 list. Also receiving an award by IGN Russia’s Best Adventure Game of 2016. One of 8 finalists of GDC’s Best in Play 2017 and was recognized in numerous categories at Moscow’s DevGamm Awards. Beholder 2 intends to deliver the same award-winning experience to players.
- Every citizen of our great State dreams of working at the Prime Ministry!
- Have you already decided what you’re going to become?
- Will you become a diligent and responsible officer decorated by the Wise Leader himself?
- Or will you become a hardline careerist capable of destroying anyone who stands between you and the Prime Minister’s seat?
- Or maybe you are just a whistle-blower?
- Whatever the case, you are now part of the Ministry!
- From this moment on, no one beyond these walls has ascendancy over you!
- So, what are you going to become?
So now we a Linux support confirmation for the adventure strategy, Beholder 2. We are waiting on the actual release date and price.