Beyond a Steel Sky is the long awaited follow-up to classic ‘90s dystopian cyberpunk adventure Beneath a Steel Sky (Free Download).
Utilizing the talents of legendary comic book artist Dave Gibbons. Who is also the co-creator and artist behind seminal graphic novel Watchmen. The dystopian cyberpunk launch gives players an opportunity to take their first steps inside Union City. Doing so for the first time since Beneath a Steel Sky back in 1994.
Also note, if you have trouble running the game. You can use Proton 5.0-9, which runs at a Platinum level. But due note, if you switch between the Windows PC build and native Linux. You game saves will not propagate.
Beyond A Steel Sky – Launch Trailer
Beyond a Steel Sky stands as a thrilling story of loyalty and redemption. While taking place in an eerie and terrifying world of AI-driven social controls. As can be expected of a Revolution adventure. The tale comes with the studio’s signature humor. All supported by Gibbons’ famous artistic style.
Beyond a Steel Sky is a hugely ambitious adventure. Due to the intelligent, humorous and emergent gameplay. This is what drives the edgy story. Very much an adventure, the game is in a dynamic world. Which also responds to – and subverted by – the player’s actions. The game characters, driven by advanced AI tech, are willful and motivated. So their intelligent responses allow interesting, emergent solutions to puzzles and obstacles. The sum of Revolution’s 30 years of developing adventure games. Beyond a Steel Sky evolves and redefines the adventure genre.
It’s a project that’s been on the minds of both Cecil and Gibbons for many years. But only now is it the right time to write it.
“Revolution has built an excellent reputation for writing intelligent adventure games. They combine high drama with humor – leaving players not sure whether to laugh, gasp or both” says Dave Gibbons. “I am thrilled with how Beyond a Steel Sky has turned out. It surpasses my expectations in every way”.
- A unique, rich game experience interwoven with a deep story.
- A story that enables players to effect and subvert the game world. As well as its characters.
- Elegantly simple, intuitive controls that allow complex situations to emerge. While offering a gameplay experience that will appeal to the novice. As well as the experienced gamer.
- Custom written cutting edge graphics technology delivers. Giving you a beautiful, realtime, comic book styled world. All in HDR and 4K to complementing the artwork of Dave Gibbons.
- Original motion comic book created by Dave Gibbons.
Beyond a Steel Sky is available on both Humble Store and Steam. The game retails for $34.99 USD /£29.99 / €29.99. But you can also take advantage of a 20% launch week discount. Available on both Linux and Windows PC.