Beyond Enemy Lines tactical FPS will get a release and Free DLC for Linux users. Developer Polygon Art issued a reply in a Steam post to outline the coming patch. This is also some rather significant news. Since the last Linux update was over a year ago.
Also a huge shout out and thanks to Nevertheless for reaching out via Twitter. And for submitting the reply via Steam.
Polygon Art’s Linux build and Free DLC:
“Yes, I was able to successfully build BEL 2 on Linux some days ago.
I’m no finializing a new bugfix Patch for BEL 1 and try to build it for Linux at the same time.
If it works you should get a new Linux build within the next 2 Weeks which also unlocks all additional paid DLC content for free for all Linux users.”
The fact that we will have a new bugfix patch for Beyond Enemy Lines is exciting. Since this will include a new Linux build, which is in the works.
So, this will be worth the two week wait. Polygon Art is also including all Beyond Enemy Lines paid DLC content Free for Linux users. That is some serious effort and appreciation for the Linux community. Since the games development uses Unreal Engine 4. And due to native releases being harder to come by, this is quite generous.
Since more news on Beyond Enemy Lines 2 is yet to come. You can check out the teaser trailer at the bottom. Which also looks impressive graphically. Allowing players to change weapon features on the fly. Creating more of a true special ops feel. So I’m looking forward to the Linux sequel.
Beyond Enemy Lines – Launch Trailer (Windows, Linux)
Beyond Enemy Lines Features:
- Oldschool Hardcore: Beyond Enemy Lines is a true PC Hardcore Tactical Shooter. No Aim-Assistance, no unnecessary tooltips, no restrictions! Learn to control the recoil.
- Smart AI System: An unforgiving, new generation of combat AI. Beyond Enemy Lines features an independent-minded AI, meaning that each enemy operates without pre-scripted behavior. All enemies react dynamically to each threat. Since they communicate, organize and sneak up on you. So be ready to face them!
- Advanced Fighting Mechanics: You will fight with various weapons against a numerically superior enemy. Make sure to use all available tactical elements and gadgets. Such as your knife, a silenced pistol, the map computer or even a whistle to distract guards.
- Unlimited Solution System: All missions are designed in an open way. There are thousands of routes. So make use of your equipment to find the most efficient way.
- Noise Calculation System: Beyond Enemy Lines utilizes a movement based noise calculation system. Each move or action will result in a noise with a different intensity. So act carefully.
- Content: The game will launch with an eight missions long campaign. And two special standalone missions. So expect a combined average playtime of 10-15h on the first playtrough.
- Replayability: This is a hardcore tactical shooter and set to be replayable numerous times. There are no savegames while in a mission. so beating the game becomes a real challenge.