Beyond Mankind action RPG gets a release date in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the creative efforts of developer Brytenwalda. The first person game is gearing up to make its Steam debut.
Beyond Mankind the epic new action RPG from Brytenwalda. This is also the team responsible for the Viking Conquest DLC for Mount & Blade. Now finally announcing the official release date: August 31st.
The game has been delayed from the May release. This is mainly to complete the work of the voice actors. Since the release date will offer localization in seven languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Chinese).
Think Fallout meets Spec Ops: The Line!
Beyond Mankind takes place in a post apocalyptic world sporting a mature and deep story. Including rich exploration, tense combat, and immersive RPG mechanics. The action RPG also pitches the player in front of a real dilemma faced by humankind. While offering offer ports in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC.
It’s 2121, and Earth is in the hands of a new branch of humans. You, with your implanted memories of a past world, are at the center of a plot to regain the planet.
You create your character in Beyond Mankind and take on a mission to help human civilization. Which is currently exiled off-world. You will be part of H.O.P.E., an elite military unit at the vanguard of a war to recover Earth. You will start under the ruins of what once was the town of Avalon on the island of Santa Catalina. From there, you will take on an epic journey that will test both your character and ability.
The Beyond Mankind Experience
As you play, you will face unknown challenges with surprising solutions. Social interaction within the game is deep. While you develop personality based kinship, loyalty, and even romance.
Beyond Mankind places importance not only on the player’s interaction. This also applies to the story, which is the fabric that keeps a game world together.
NPCs are an important tool to achieve both objectives. You can also talk, persuade, intimidate, or flirt with them. Since they are the ones who weave the story. As a result, the player’s decisions affect their lives, sometimes literally.
Unique character creation
You are a H.O.P.E. soldier, and you begin your journey like all the others. Created with genetic hacks and grown in a Techno-Womb at the H.O.P.E. base on Santa Catalina.
You will create your character by selecting chromosome combination. Also includes ancestral subspecies, effects of diet and climate, culture, and skills. Beyond Mankind a much deeper process than your average action RPG.
Beyond Mankind: The Awakening – Release Date Trailer (Linux gaming, Mac, Windows PC)
The earth is no longer ours
In the year 2121, Earth is in the last stages of a nuclear winter. A new species controls the frozen landscape of ruined cities and havoc. The new megafauna, quickly evolving in the cold and radiation. Now making the world even more dangerous.
The remnants of civilization are faced with an existential dilemma. Whether to keep hope in humankind and embark on an uncertain war to regain Earth. OR simply accept the slow extinction of a failed species. Visionaries emerge, but it is far from clear whether following them will lead to glory or destruction. n Beyond Mankind, species is at a crossroads, and the outcomes of all options seem dire.
It is into this relentless, frozen, and violent world that you awaken. You are also newly born of the Techno-Womb and engineered for success. Implanted the memories from a century before. You could be just one more of the hundreds that rummage through the ruins for lost treasures. Or endlessly train for a war that may never come. While fate holds a surprise that will change everything. The gameplay certainly seems to resemble the original Half-Life, at first glance.
- Intriguing and dark narrative – Beyond Mankind provides a unique experience. Where you will discover a post-apocalyptic world through the main story. As well as secondary quests shaped by your decisions.
- A rich and dynamic world – Help human civilization, exiled in space, and avoid extinction. All while exploring an Earth devastated by nuclear war.
- Unique character generation – Create a character based on DNA and culture selection. Then gain experience to improve your abilities.
- Complex social interactions – Experience personality based kinship, loyalty, and romance. All as you interact with other characters.
- Real dilemmas – Face problems that may not always have a completely positive solution. Well, let alone an obvious one.
- Challenging survival mechanics – Explore, collect or hunt for food, and craft tools. Then light fires for cooking and warmth, and construct a shelter. Above all, monitor your psychological state.
- 3D inventory management – Pick your resources at your camp. Storage space is limited, so choosing well can make the difference between life and death.
Beyond Mankind the epic new action RPG will release on August 31st, 2021. This will obviously also includes support in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC via Steam. So be sure to Wishlist the game now.