Bike Parks update added free to Descenders for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer RageSquid. The new content is a bit overlooked, but worth sharing. Available on both Humble Store and Steam.
Exciting Descenders news that has been missed. RageSquid has put out another free update for the game.
The Bike Parks Update adds a new section for hand crafted parks. Previously, Descenders has only featured procedurally-generated maps. But now there is also added mod support from October. Since it became clear that players liked the crafted bike parks that modders were creating.
For this reason, RageSquid will be bringing brand new, hand-crafted bike parks. Doing so on a monthly basis. Starting with a selection from Descenders art director Roan Albers. And park designer Spe. In particular, the fully kitted out Stoker Park is now available to ride with friends. They are complete with numerous new trails to explore.
Descenders Launch Trailer
Since everyone likes the mod support in the previous update. These handcrafted trails bring a whole new dimension to Descenders. To jump in on this we decided to add a Park section to the game.
Bike Parks Changes:
- The New Parks:
- From the main menu, you can now enter Ride – Bike Parks.
- Stoker Park has had 3 more trails added.
- Park levels all have seeds. This makes it so that you can play the levels in multiplayer lobbies.
- Mt. Rosie map has been drastically optimized for lower-end systems.
- You can now save and play replays from mod levels.
- Mod of the Year sign added to Mt. Palumbo.
- Bugfix: Going 100km/h sometimes caused a crash.
Thanks to the Mod of the Year competition. This Park section holds Rosie’s handcrafted maps. As well as the immensely popular Stoker Bike Park by Spe. Plus, Spe one of the competition winners will be creating more maps. Much like Stoker, which will be coming directly to the game on a regular basis.