The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ coming next month
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ now has a #releasedate for #Steam.
So according to the game’s blog post. The developers outline that the first week of release will therefore include a perk. So those who already own Afterbirth can pick Afterbirth+ for $6.66 USD. Hence not having to spend the full standard expansion price of $9.99 USD.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ features:
- Full access to mod tools ( so you can design, edit and play and endless number of mods, features and whole new games that the community will no doubt eventually design.. )
- 67 new items, 27 new trinkets and 10+ new pickups!
- A new final chapter
- A new final boss
- A new playable character
- A new “greedier” greed mode
- A shit ton of new achievements (62 to be exact)
- Five achievement “challenges”
- 100s of new rooms (tons of new ultra rare rooms )
- New victory lap feature (allows the game to continue when finished)
- Bestiary (due to an enemy collection page that keeps track of everything you kill in game)
- Five new challenges
- Two new transformations
- Small monthly content updates (every month after release we will be updating the game with our favorite fan made designs, monsters, items maybe even challenges – who knows… we may also toss a few of our own modded designs in if you are good)
- Four+ new bosses and a new alt forms for existing bosses!
- A handful of new enemies, features and new champion forms!
- ZNew cut scenes and music tracks!
- Other stuff
But there’s a catch:
While this is a “slightly smaller Afterbirth expansion,” but it since it comes with mod tools, these can “potentially make it 20 times larger.” While no information about Linux support for the mod tools has been made available. We will update this post accordingly when information is available.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ will be released on Steam January 3rd. Which looks like the game will be available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.