Indie studio, Helios Production, is proud to announce their shooter Black Day. The games available now on Steam Early Access for Windows, think Sniper Ghost Warrior.
What about support for Linux and Ubuntu?
“I’m ok for a compatibility but not now. Black Day is just in early access and I have many work before to think new platform compatibility.”
Since english is not the developers primary language. The games developed in Unreal Engine 4, so the likelihood of seeing a native port is there. Black Day is going to be in Early Access for about a year. So hopefully we will see a Linux or Ubuntu port before the game releases.
Personally, waiting for a title to get native support loses some interest. Hence the nature of smaller studios and having to port games.
So here’s to keeping hope in developer Helios Production and further platform releases.
Black Day is an exciting new Shooter. Since gameplay takes players to diverse environments and offering extensive customization options. Each to suit a players’ individual play styles.
So in Black Day, players will have the choice between several missions. Each in different environments, with customizable settings (Day/Night, equipment, number and types of enemies, difficulty settings). This allows for both enjoy fun, stealth action or very challenging mayhem (guns blazing?) missions.
Black Day – Early Access Trailer:
Black Day Features:
- Singleplayer – 4 maps are now available, with more content to be rolled out throughout development.
- PoV – Switch at will between First person or third person view
- Unique and open maps – Travel toward exotic landscape, assault a medieval castle or infiltrate a residential area. Every environment is specific but let you decide the way you want to proceed.
- Unlimited game experience – Between mission design option and open map, you can play over and over again with unique experience every time.
- Guns and equipment – With over 20 guns (assault, sniper rifles, handguns…) and a wide range of explosives (EMP, frag, flashbang…), you can adapt your equipment to your gameplay style.
- Game difficulty customization – Over 20 options allow you to set the difficulty you want (detection, enemy forces, equipment…)
- Immersive infiltration – Use Recon drone, take cover, climb wall, swim underwater, hide corpses, sneak attack and other actions provide an immersive experience.
- Various type of enemy – Encounter a wide range of enemies from the simple private to the most advanced spec ops soldier in different factions, as well as a wide range of enemies support and security system will such as helicopters, robots and turrets
- Progression system – Every objectives provide experience to unlock new guns and equipment.
Black Day releases now on Steam for Windows. So here’s hoping we get Linux and Ubuntu support soon. Either way, I’m keeping an eye on Black Day.