Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness party based fantasy RPG games Linux port is on hold, so expect a Windows PC release. According to further details outlined by developer GrapeOcean Technologies. Due to makes its way onto Steam Early Access and GOG.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness takes place in a land plagued by war, plague, and abductions. Since dark gods bring nothing but venality and greed. Developed by GrapeOcean Technologies and due to be published by V Publishing. The game officially enters Early Access, on August 26th.
While this is exciting news, the developer reached out via email. Since it looks like Linux will not get a day one release:
While building with Unity, we’ve ran into issues on Linux so its release (along with Mac). Have it be postponed by a few weeks, unfortunately.
The Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness did build and run well on Linux. However, now that the developers are in the final days before release, its not stable. Therefore it is only a question of time before they fix all of the issues. This is really sad news, since I was looking forward to a day one port, but alas. Here’s hoping “a few weeks” has a much shorter resolve. In the mean time, maybe Proton will be a temporary save.
The gameplay takes inspiration from classics such as Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale. Gameplay features real time tactical combat with pause. Including rich storytelling, deep lore, and memorable companions. All taking place in a corrupt fantasy world full of death and disease.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Gameplay Trailer
With over 300,000 words of dialogue and a huge world to explore. This is where Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness invites players to choose. Selecting their own unique race and class. So they can gather their party and venture forth into Yerengal. Ideally hoping to uncover the secrets of their heritage.
Having increased the size and scope of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness development. Doing so since it was successfully backed on Kickstarter in 2018. Receiving more than $100,000 USD. The indie team officially began development in 2015, long before crowdfunding.
- A huge world map with 2 countries (Isilmerald and Northern Realm). Dozens of districts, settlements, villages, and towns.
- 5 playable races (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Feldegug, and Rillow).
- 13 unique classes from 4 class archetypes (Priest, Outlaw, Warrior, and Wizard).
- Over 300,000 words of hand crafted dialogue in Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness.
- Traditional real time tactical combat with pause.
- An abundance of spells to wield and crafting to undertake, all combined with deep character progression.
- Character actions impact greed, which directly affects the world around you.
- An original world filled with diverse characters, creatures, and biomes.
- Fully voice-acted lead characters.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness party based fantasy RPG game can be Wishlisted on Steam Early Access and GOG. Due to release into Early Access on August 26th on Windows PC. Hopefully, Linux should prevail not too long after.