Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness has officially launched. Developed by GrapeOcean Technologies, the old-school project inspired by the likes of Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale. Having increased in size and scope, since it entered Early Access in August 2021. Offering Linux support in October 2019. With development beginning back in 2015.
Releasing over 20 huge updates, building upon, and greatly improving almost all areas of the game. Which of course includes Linux and Mac support. Black Geyser has made big changes in recent months. From vastly improved loading times, to clearer player tutorials, new zones, enemies, and quest lines. The small dev team ensures they’ve focused on key player feedback. The latest trailer shows just some of the game’s locations and combat.
Black Geyser – Launch Trailer
Black Geyser also features challenging real time tactical combat with pause. While offering over 300,000 words of dialogue, deep lore, and memorable companions. Also letting players build their own hero from five different races and 13 class types. All due to exploring an open world filled with unique enemies and bosses.
- A huge world map with 2 countries (Isilmerald and Northern Realm). Also dozens of districts, settlements, villages, and towns.
- 5 playable races (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Feldegug, and Rillow).
- 13 unique classes from 4 class archetypes. Such as Priest, Outlaw, Warrior, and Wizard.
- Over 300,000 words in the Black Geyser hand-crafted story.
- Traditional real-time tactical combat with pause.
- A huge range of spells to wield and crafting to undertake. All combined with a deep character progress.
- Character actions impact greed. This also directly affects the world around you.
- An original world filled with a wide range of characters, creatures, and biomes.
- Fully voice acted lead characters.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness party-based fantasy RPG game officially launches on Steam and GOG. Sadly now launch discount though. Priced at $29.99 USD / £29.99 / 29,99€. But do have ongoing support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.