Relive #HalfLife in this highly acclaimed, #fanmade #recreation Black Mesa, now available on Linux. A big deal if you are a fan of the original Half-Life and Half-Life 2. One way or another the reviews on Steam continue to be a solid 90% Very Positive.
This news came in the Halloween Update for the game where a Beta Client has been release with native support:
- Linux client beta!
- Added the ZECU – Zombie Marines
- Translations – Added Russian closed captions!
- Added new security Joop model
- Workshop publish tool is working again
- General workshop improvements (all workshop items must now be VPKed to work)
- VOIP works in multiplayer
The award winning fan-made re-imagining of Gordon Freeman’s landmark journey through the Black Mesa Research Facility. Relive Half-Life, Valve Software’s revolutionary debut, and experience the game that raised the bar for the entire game industry all over again!
Black Mesa Features
- Nostalgia has never felt so fresh – Expect tremendously detailed environments, old-school tough-as-nails combat, and a gripping story with memorable characters. The all-new soundtrack, voice acting, choreography and dialogue create a more expansive and immersive experience than ever before!
- Heavily updated single player experience – The over 10 hour single player experience has greatly improved from the mod release; new visuals, new voice over, updated gameplay encounters, stability changes and more. Xen is not part of the Early Access release, but will included as a free update when it is ready.
- Black Mesa Multiplayer – Fight with or against your friends, in two game modes across 10iconic maps from the Half-Life universe including Bounce, Gasworks, Stalkyard, Undertow and Crossfire!
- Custom Modding Tools & Workshop – Use the same tools as the developers! Create your own mods, modes and maps for Black Mesa and Black Mesa Multiplayer and then share your work, and subscribe to others, on the Steam Workshop!
- Complete Steam Integration – Collect the full set of trading cards, backgrounds, emoticons, and achievements! Steam Cloud, Steam Workshop and partial controller support!
So the choice is yours, Black Mesa is available on Steam for Linux and Windows PC with 60% discount, but only until November 1st. If you want it, you better get it now while it’s cheaper.