BOMJMAN grim beat ’em up due to get support in Linux gaming and Windows PC. According to details from developer Unique Media. Due to release later this month via Steam.
Unique Media has just announced the release date of BOMJMAN. A beat ’em up game based on a cartoon. The game will also immerse you in the atmosphere of a grim post-Soviet megapolis. Where destruction and injustice paralyzed all the police forces.
So now the main hero is a regular person who received a lethal dose of unemployment. And as a result, becomes the new superhero, HoboMan! Since then he’s been selflessly, senselessly, and often unreasonably using his superpowers. Save the day fighting crime and evil. On the days when he’s not too lazy, of course. Trying to confront bandits, HoboMan cannot even imagine what kind of trouble he found himself in.
Unity engine is used and you can definitely expect Linux port. The game will be available for Linux either from the beginning or just 1 month after our official game release.
December 8th update:
…we’ll start Linux version in 2021.
BOMJMAN may not have a day one Linux release. But it’s interesting with that 1 month gap. At the time of writing, there is no build for Linux gaming on Steam yet. But due to get support. Even though Unique Media are ironing out bugs and fixes. Proton support does work to start in the menu screen. While launching a new game leaves you with a grey screen.
The idea of the project is to bring the feeling of life experience in the former USSR countries. At least for those who experienced this nightmare in the ’90s. Also for those who want to fully understand it. It’s a unique cyberpunk setting full of morbid humor, irony, and trash.
BOMJMAN Gameplay Teaser
BOMJMAN includes the same gray panel 9-story buildings in cities. With a minimum of amenities that are the skyscrapers. The grim beat ’em up shows of the neglected courtyards, the mud swamps. While the sidewalk paths have almost no asphalt surfaces. Including broken benches and an almost complete absence of kids’ playgrounds. Entrance halls in every building are places with a persistent smell of urine. Including household waste and uncensored vulgar terms written on the walls. Likewise, nobody thinks about separating garbage. Dumps outside the cities have been turned into a stinking Everest. And the night can only be remembered as a time when walking along the streets is extremely risky to your life.
The majority of the population lives like representatives of the social bottom. People line up at … garbage cans. While “enterprising” people collect bottles near drinking establishments. Hand them over to recycling centers to scrape up some money for food in BOMJMAN. In the evenings on the central avenues and boulevards you can see crowds of hookers. A “love session” is up to $5 only. While Everyone dreams of the worst car in the world – Zhiguli. Because their owners are considered to be people of wealth and respect. And ordinary garages are considered one of the best hangouts for men to have fun. Even argue about something of their own.
BOMJMAN is made in cooperation with animation designer Misha MK. The playthrough is accompanied by Starfounder’s synth-wave music specifically composed for the game.
- A superhero which you won’t find anywhere else:. A street hobo becomes our newest superhero. Lose yourself in the murderous adventure. Where our hero is about to step in with his unwashed feet:)
- Beat ‘em up and shoot ‘em up experience with multiple enemies: Strip the corrupt officials of their legal immunity in BOMJMAN. With epic boss fights with gang leaders. All using a wide selection of ranged and melee weapons.
- The gameplay is really a Story Rich: Featuring cutscenes created by animation designer Misha MK. Leading you through the plot. While helping you fully immerse into the world of BOMJMAN.
- 2,5D graphics(two-and-a-half-dimensional graphics): You can move your character not only on a horizontal or a vertical plane. But also “inside” the screen. It gives you more possibilities and adds more interaction to the playthrough.
- Unique weapons: So apart from the regular knives, bottles, pistols, and assault rifles. There are unexpected weapons that you are not likely to see in other games. How about an old hardened boomerang sock. That easily crashes skulls. Or a smelly boot that creates a smokescreen?
- Active gameplay environment: You can find interesting objects by simply studying the surrounding environment. Empty bottles on the street or porn magazines in a trash can. These definitely put a smile on your face.
With the BOMJMAN grim beat ’em up still due to get support on Steam. And releasing on December 15th, that you can Wishlist now. Coming to Windows PC and hopefully a day one release in Linux gaming.