Bound By Blades cooperative action RPG is live on Kickstarter for Windows PC, but Linux is an option. According to indie developer Justin “Zeth” Thompson. The game also has a Windows PC Demo available, playable via Wine. The campaign is currently 18% funded toward the $30,000 goal.
Bound By Blades Kickstarter campaign is underway. The development of a four square, boss hunting action RPG scheduled to launch in 2022. But the project is missing Linux support. So naturally, we had to reach out for details.
We’re using Unity for Bound By Blades. I honestly know pretty little on the Linux side. But if it’s not blocked off then we will look to support it in the future. Probably shortly after launch along with Switch support.
I won’t directly promise it until I’m confident we can support it. But it’s no longer a definite no which is an upgrade.
The first reply pointed at the Photon plugin being an issue for Linux. Yet the plugin website does show Linux support. So this follow up reply outlines the studios plan. Hence the plugin having native support.
Since the Kickstarter campaign is still underway. The studio does not want to promise anything. But the Bound By Blades Windows PC Demo works via Wine. Should you want to give the game a try.
Bound By Blades Kickstarter Trailer:
In Bound By Blades, the desolate land of Ashmyr has become overwhelmed by bloodthirsty beasts. Scavenge materials, forge gear, and fortify yourself. Then confront the ferocious foes that lie ahead. While you work to rekindle the last hopes of life.
In-between battles talk with the NPCs in town to gain insight. Find out where the Ilcyon came from and the stories of each one. Gain knowledge from the village elder, Eldros. While he helps give tips on tackling each battle. And learn the lore of stories told within the world from Finny. The “magical and real heroine” of Bound By Blades.
1.0 Features Will Include:
- Select from 3 unique characters with their own combat styles to start your journey
- Cooperative boss hunting gameplay from the core 10 unique Ilcyon to their vicious variations that will challenge you with their new abilities
- Join with a friend in 2 Player cooperative Bound By Blades gameplay. Or play solo with their character’s assistance as an AI.
- End Game Dungeon System combining an FTL/Slay the Spire style map with a Diablo 3-esque Greater Rifts progression system for large amounts of replayability
- Craft new equipment and upgrade it to overpower your foes
- Choose your unique runes that suit your playstyle, strengthen your offense or bolster your defenses
- Learn the lore of the lands of Ashmyr and tips through various NPCs in town
- Hatch and raise battle brood pets and bring them into battle to assist you
- Harvest materials and interact with your pets in Dreamland
Bound By Blades is made for players of all calibers. Which is also allows any adventurer to embark on this challenging journey. The combat system is vast in allowing a variety of attacks. Such as: Quick Attacks, Charge Attacks, Combos and Unique Combo Finishers. The monsters have their own arsenal of attacks. So you’ll need to survive too. You’ll need to master Blocking, Dodging, Running and Healing using potions in the midst of battle. The simplicity of Bound By Blades opening gameplay allows anyone to enjoy it. But it opens itself to a wide dynamic of gameplay and challenges. Facing the bosses’ abilities and the necessity to master your own.
Bound By Blades cooperative action rpg is currently in development. Developer Zeth is aiming for Windows PC. As well as iOS and Android. With a Nintendo Switch release planned to follow the initial launch platforms. Before expanding support to Linux.