Bygone Dreams third person action due to get support in Linux gaming with Windows PC. According to details from developer Prime Time. Due to make its way onto Steam sometime in 2021.
Long standing production studio Prime Time is proud to announce Bygone Dreams. This is a fantastical third person action adventure game taking place in a surreal dream world. Created by a new team in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina. The game takes players on an unforgettable adventure. While featuring elements from Slavic mythology and medieval Bosnian folklore.
Bygone Dreams also caught my attention, so I reached out to developer Prime Time. They has this to say the singleplayer offering support in Linux gaming:
The game is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. We have tried doing Linux builds already with some success but since we’re only a small porting team finding the hours to do the porting. It is on our to-do list definitely, it’s just a matter of whether or not we’ll be able to make it.
So the port for Linux already has successful builds. But since the team is having a challenging time finding time, they are focusing on Windows PC. However, Linux gaming is definitely on their “to-do list”, which is a good sign. Despite the lack of a hard release date, currently still TBD. And quite honestly, the Bygone Dreams gameplay captures my attention, so it is worth the wait. Just have a look at the trailer below.
Bygone Dreams – Announcement Trailer
An epic orchestral soundtrack will set the tone of the journey. Offering over 50 original songs full of Bosnian traditional instruments and melodies.
Bygone Dreams takes place in the dream land of Lume. This is also an unfinished dreamscape under the protection of its matron deity. The dream however is under threat from a terrible Nightmare. Embodying the spirit known as Wa. Which means the player will need to seek out the world’s Guardians. These are powerful creatures worshiped and revered in times long before the corruption seeped in.
However, the task ahead is anything but easy. While the Guardians themselves succumb to the Nightmare.
- Explore the dream land of Lume, a vast world full of mystery and danger.
- Face dozens of epic bosses standing in the way between you and the salvation of the Dream.
- Fight your way through Bygone Dreams using a combination of melee weapons, ranged weapons, and magic. Customize your equipment to suit your play style.
- Experience the story on Normal difficulty or get ready for an exceptional challenge on Heroic mode. Which is a ramped up difficulty featuring revamped boss fights and additional Heroic only bosses.
- Unlock handcrafted higher difficulty levels.
- Experience the epic story with over 2 hours of fully voiced cutscenes.
- Show your mastery in special time trial and no damage boss challenges.
Bygone Dreams third person action is now available for Wishlisting on Steam. Due to make its way onto Windows PC, but support in Linux gaming is definitely in the plan. The release date and price will be announced at a later time.