Triangle Studios is excited to announce the #release date for the #action #adventure game Cross of the Dutchman n September 10, 2015 the game will be available on Steam, Green Man Gaming, Humble Store and various other leading distribution platforms for Linux, Mac & Windows PC at the price of $8.99 for the Standard Edition, and $10,99 for the Deluxe Edition.
Cross of the Dutchman is based on the true story of the folk legend ‘Pier Gerlofs Donia’. The story takes place in medieval Western Europe, in the province of Frisia, near the turn of the 16th century. Though Pier and his family lived in peace, the world around them was changing for the worse. Saxxon legions were invading nearby villages, making the lives of the native people next to impossible. On one faithful day, Pier got involved with the Saxxon oppressors, escalating the situation for the worse. The events portrayed in this great adventure caused Pier to gather a band of farmers and form a front against the oppressors. The acts that followed made Pier into the legend he is known for, the Cross of the Dutchman.
Cross of the Dutchman Features
- Completely unique historically accurate environments.
- A rich and compelling storyline with incredible characters.
- An aesthetically unique art style.
- Action, Adventure and Strategy gameplay elements.
- Incredibly satisfying battle mechanics, emphasizing a feeling of power and strength.
- Large, outdoor battlefields with hundreds of opponents and allies.
- Detailed hand-drawn cutscenes.
- A unique soundtrack.
The Deluxe Edition will contain a copy of Cross of the Dutchman, as well as the following extras:
- Soundtrack of the game – Listen to the music that was written for Cross of the Dutchman.
- Artbook – A comprehensive digital artbook filled with concept art and drawings from the game.
- Project Timeline – Take an in-depth look into how the game progressed from concept to prototype and ultimately to the final product.
- Papercraft – Print, create and display the great Pier Gerlofs Donia on your desk.
Pre-order through Green Man Gaming to receive a 15% discount, as well as a free copy of the survival multiplayer game, “It came from space, and ate our brains” that can be redeemed immediately on Steam.