Cashtronauts is an arcade #space combat and #trading title for #Linux, Mac and Windows. Set in an alternate universe where capitalist dinosaurs rule the galaxy and fight viciously between themselves to climb to the top of the economic food chain. Mine asteroids, hunt pirates, attack civilians, fight the police… just do whatever it takes to get rich as fast as possible!
Mine asteroids, hunt pirates, attack civilians, fight the police… just do whatever it takes to earn one billion dollars as fast as possible! Cashtronauts is a twin stick shooter that takes place in an alternate universe where vicious, capitalist dinosaurs rule the galaxy and fight to climb to the top of the economic food chain.
As you progress, you unlock Risks: gameplay modifiers you can toggle on and off. Each one will introduce new elements and dangers to your next run, but if you rise to the challenge your profit margins will soar.
The stealthy Raptarrs are always looking for their loot, especially if that loot is your burnt-out remains. And then, the soft-skinned mammalian threat looming on the horizon… but you will burn that bridge when you reach it. Space is a dangerous place even at the best of times. Will you have what it takes to beat out the competition and dominate the market?
- Unique gameplay: Space combat & trading meets twin-stick arcade action
- Splitscreen multiplayer: 1-4 players all contributing to the same bottom line. Will you cooperate or fight for the company’s number one spot? (Gamepad required)
- Constant challenge: The game evolves as you do: unlock and choose new Risks as you progress
- Dynamic factions & AI: Tricera-cops are trying to stop a Raptor attack a Stego mining vessel. Do you jump in and help, or wait until it’s all over and scavenge the remains?
- Tight controls: It was once said that the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field was approximately 3,720 to 1. Not any more! Enjoy fine-tuned controls for keyboard & mouse and gamepad
- Beauty: Stylized, colourful flat-shaded 3D world paired with striking 2D character portraits
- Kickin’ tunes: New soundtrack from Patrice Bourgeault (Mercenary Kings, Ninja Senki)
Cashtronauts is now on Steam Early Access for Windows PC.
Linux Game News reached out to developer Simon Prefontaine regarding the Linux release:
“The Linux release will happen later on Early Access. I didn’t want to overwhelm myself supporting 3 platforms at the start of the Early Access launch, so I stuck with just Windows for now. But don’t worry, it’ll be soon! Maybe September or October.
When I’m ready I’ll probably start a thread on reddit.com/r/linux_gaming“
Prefontaine also plans to “give out a bunch of keys to a private linux branch on Steam to get input.”