Catmaze the fairy metroidvania game now has support for Linux beside Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Redblack Spade. Who reached out to announce Linux support via Steam. Which also has a very nice discount with 83% Very Positive reviews.
Catmaze is a fairy metroidvania takes inspiration from Slavic myths. These are also age-old tales that come to life in the unforgettable adventure of Alesta. She is a sorceress whose courage guides her. While she venture through mysterious paths and dark forests. Searching in the lost road to Nav, the world of the dead. And now you can play the game on Linux. Which is also detailed in the games news post.
After hard work I finally added Linux support! Currently, you can play Catmaze on Linux x64, Steam OS, Windows and Mac. If you find some problems with launching. Feel free to report about them and I fix them as soon as possible.
Also I fixed a few bugs some bugs you guys reported me about. Feel free to let me know if you find any new stuff I need to fix.
Catmaze – Release Date Announcement Trailer
Cats have always been the link between the world of Yavi and the world of Navi. And for this knowledge, they were awarded nine lives. What will it cost for one of them – Cat Bayn – to make an exception? And also change the balance just once on behalf of the young sorceress Alesta’s mother?
Mysterious creatures from Slavic myths carefully keep their secrets. Doing so in the magical forests and dense thickets. Which have become home to geese, kikimor, anchutkas and mermaids. In the whirlwind of the Catmaze adventure secrets will reveal. As hidden paths will become visible. And the road between worlds will be intertwined.
- Ancient tales come to life in a large open labyrinth of gloomy marshes. Also Slavic villages and centuries-old forests;
- To help Alesta in intense battles of Catmaze. Due to the dangerous mythical beasts and summoned creatures. Familiars that serve the sorcerers from time immemorial. So choose from a variety of familiars with unique abilities;
- The world is full of characters whose destinies are in your hands. The completion of many side quests will determine how this adventure will end;
- Respect for all traditions of the metroidvania genre. While allowing you to return back in search of secret paths. And then acquire new skills. The danger of the adventure. Is also the possibility of saving only in certain places;
- Fascinating battles with bosses. Who have come from Slavic tales. And tell us their unique history;
- Elements of role-playing games. allowing you to customize the characteristics of Alesta to your individual style of playing.
Catmaze the fairy metroidvania game releases on Steam. Along with support for Linux beside Mac and Windows PC. Priced at $9.99 USD. Plus a 45% discount until September 30th.