Catmaze is a fairy metroidvania inspired by Slavic myths coming Mac and Windows, and then Linux via Steam. So these are age-old tales that come to life in the unforgettable adventure of Alesta. A sorceress whose courage guides her through mysterious paths and dark forests. All in search of the lost road to Nav, the world of the dead.
“I actually plan to port in on Linux, but as I work alone I’ve got no time to test it on Linux before release. That’s why I plan to add Linux support in August.
I definitely will let you know when this will happen!”
So the actual release for Catmaze will be May 24th for Mac and Windows. And as we now know, the Linux release will be coming in August. But this is not a Unity 3D game, it’s Construct 2. Which we are starting to more of in game development.
Catmaze metroidvania Release Date Trailer:
Cats have always been the link between the world of Yavi and the world of Navi. And for this knowledge they also get nine lives. What will it cost for one of them – Cat Bayn – to make an exception? So can this change the balance just once on behalf of the young sorceress Alesta’s mother?
Mysterious creatures from Slavic myths carefully keep their secrets. These magical forests and dense thickets that have become home to geese. Also the kikimor, anchutkas and mermaids.
So in the whirlwind of the adventure, their secrets will unvail. Hidden paths will become visible. While the road between worlds will be intertwined.
- Ancient tales come to life in a large open labyrinth of gloomy marshes. Slavic villages and centuries-old forests;
- To help Alesta in fierce battles with the dangerous mythical beasts. Summoning of creatures familiar with serving the sorcerers from time immemorial. So choose from a variety of characters with unique abilities
- The world is full of characters whose destinies are in your hands. So the completion of many side quests will determine how this adventure will end
- Respect for all traditions of the metroidvania genre allows you to return back in search of secret paths and acquire new skills. The danger of the adventure is emphasized by the possibility of saving only in certain places
- Fascinating battles with bosses, who have come from Slavic tales and tell us their unique history
Elements of role-playing games, allowing you to customize the characteristics of Alesta to your individual style of playing.
Catmaze the metroidvania platformer is coming to Mac and Windows on May 24th via Steam. So stay tuned for more details regarding the Linux release. It’s coming…. soon’ish.